Chapter 13: An Unexpected Surprise! Getting Ready for the Mission

(A/N: Well, hello my fellow readers and followers. Here is chapter 13 of this story and with that said, let the reading begin.)

(Y/N) P.O.V

"(Y/N) is in the dorm with Team RWBY after Ruby just got done talking with Ozpin and Ironwood, and he is holding a sleeping Melissa as she quietly snores. Then after Ruby tells them what happened as she looks down (Y/N) stood up and approached her.....................
(Y/N): "Don't worry Ruby, you did everything you could. You did nothing wrong."
Ruby: "Thanks."
Yang: *places hand in her shoulder* "Everything will be alright Ruby. Oh, I know what'll cheer you up."
Ruby: "What's that?"
Yang: "I don't know, but dad sent this to us. I thought we could open it together."
Ruby: "Oh something from home."
...................she zooms as she is behind Yang as she reaches for it, (Y/N) and Blake looks at each other and then something pops out as it shakes a little and then it forms something as they look at it, and what it was is a dog that made everyone jump and shriek as Ruby is happy...................
Ruby: "ZWEI!"
Blake: "He sent a dog?"
Weiss: "In the mail?"
(Y/N): "Now that's just completely weird."
..................then Ruby is holding Zwei as she laughs cause Zwei licking her..................
Yang: "Oh, he does stuff like this all the time."
...................he looks to see Blake no in her spot as he looks around and he looks to see her hiding on Ruby's bed.....................
Blake: "Your father or your dog?"
Weiss: "Are you telling me that this mangy, drooling, mutt is gonna wive with us forever? Oh yes he is, yes he is. Oh isn't he adorable?"
Blake: "Please keep it away from my belongings."
....................then Melissa wakes up as she yawns, then she looks at (Y/N) as she smiles, then she looks at everyone as she looks at Zwei and her eyes widen as she smiles brightly. Then Zwei looks at her as Ruby sets him down and he goes to him as he he rests his paws on (Y/N) wanting to meet Melissa as he kneels down and she licks her as she giggles and she lets him.......................
Goodwitch 'Intercom': "Would all first year students report to the amphitheater."
Weiss: "Well, we can't just leave him here while we're gone for the week."
.....................Zwei runs to where Blake is as she gets in defensive stance like a cat and he gets a questionable look as Melissa laughs at her and she looks at him with an embarrassed face as she shrugs and he does as well as he mouths 'what's wrong'....................
Yang: "Oh here's a note. Dear Girls, I'm leaving the island for a few days so I'm leaving Zwei for you to take care of. Includes all the food he needs. Love you both, Taiyang."
.......................Zwei stands next to Yang as she dumped a whole bunch of dog food as (Y/N) is surprised by how much food there is as they were packed in the small space...................
(Y/N): (How?!?!?!?)
Weiss: "What is he supposed to do with all of those?"
.........................then Yang shakes it again as a can opener comes out as it hit Zwei in the head as he did a face from the hit and Melissa laughs at that as she points....................
Yang: "Well, that settles it. Come on everyone, Zwei will be here when we get back." *walks off*
Weiss: "Oh, I'm gonna miss you so much, we're gone be best friends. I can't wait to see you."
..........................then Blake's jumps over them as she runs out and (Y/N) follows as he catches up as he looks at her with a strange face....................
Blake: "Sorry, it's my cat instincts."
(Y/N): "Yeah. But, you didn't have to do that."
Blake: "I know."
(Y/N): "Well, we gotta get someone to watch Melissa. JNPR is out since they're first year students."
Blake: "Why not Team CFVY?"
(Y/N): "Are you sure?"
Blake: "I mean, it's an idea?"
...................he looks down as he nods as he walks to their dorm and he knocks on it as he waits and Melissa giggles as he rubs her head, he hears the door open to see Velvet standing there...................
Velvet: "Hello, (Y/N) right?"
(Y/N): "Yeah. That's me."
Velvet: "Sorry, it's hard to remember who I met at times and..............."
.....................she looks at Melissa and she coos as she smiles....................
Velvet: "Aw, who's this little one?"
(Y/N): "This is me and Blake's daughter Melissa. You see we have that mission for a week and we were wondering if you would watch her for that time."
Velvet: "Oh we would love to, don't worry. You can depend on us."
(Y/N): "Thank you Velvet. *looks at Melissa* Now Melissa, be a good girl for Velvet and her team. Me and mommy will be back for a week, okay?"
...................she squeals in happiness as (Y/N) hands her to Velvet and she held her as she reaches for her ears....................
Baby Melissa: "Bunny."
Velvet: "Aw, you're so cute. *looks at (Y/N)* Don't worry (Y/N), we'll watch her until you get back."
....................Velvet smiles as she closed the door, then (Y/N) walks to the amphitheater as he finds Team RWBY. Then he sees them in the distance as he sees Ruby having a back pack on and he gets confused, but he shrugs as he walks towards them and he gets ready for what the mission is gonna be."

To be continued...................

(A/N: Well, that's the end of this chapter. If you enjoyed this let me know and with that said, see y'all next time.)