The School Trip.

"No way! You're telling me that Newgate really gave you liquor before school?!" Your red-haired friend blurts with a goofy grin etched into his features. "Damn! Can I take Thatch to school tomorrow?!"

Typical Shanks...

Your friend leaning over the table as he places his hand over your homework, causing you to frown inwardly and pull away from the page in order to look him in the eye. "Must you be such a nuisance? I'm trying t--"

"You're not listening to a word I'm saying!" Your friend playfully pouts, somewhat resembling a child before dropping himself back down into his seat. 

"I'm listening well enough to gather that you have a drinking problem." You can't help the slightly playful chirp in your voice as you semi-seriously swat Shanks' hand away, resuming the homework that needs to be handed in next lesson.

You're always so forgetful that this has become most of your break times now, although in your defence, outside of school you spend a lot of time with Doflamingo. 

As evil as it sounds you don't really like the guy that much though, in fact you're only dating him for the sole purpose of breaking his heart, a deal you had made with your friend. It's a form of revenge, as far as you're concerned. 

He was previously dating Alvida, one of your very few female friends. In short, he cheated on her, many times before dumping her for someone else. It wasn't long until you caught the promiscuous male's eye though.

Needless to say, when he first hit on you, your response was to slap him around the face since you knew all about his reputation. 

However, when you told Alvida that her ex-boyfriend had tried it on with you, she was more impressed than upset and somehow managed to talk you into dating him so that you can break his heart in the long run. 

Of course, none of your friends other than Alvida know about this plan and therefore, are mostly shocked by your choice in men. You usually wouldn't give a cheater the time of day.

"I wouldn't allow you to take Thatch under your wing anyway," You finally respond to your cheeky friend, finishing up the last of your homework before tucking it into your school bag. "You'll corrupt the boy." 

A snort following your statement as Shanks shakes his head at you in clear disagreement. "Oh no, Thatch doesn't get corrupted! I've tried already!"

E-EXCUSE ME?

"You wanna...y'know, add some context to that? 'Cause saying that you tried to corrupt a boy who has only just started highschool sounds--"

"NOT LIKE THAT!" The redhead actually looking mortified for once and to think that he's usually so smiley and careless. "I mean I tried to make him my wingman once! I wanted him to grope some girl so that I could then swoop in and save her from the dreaded pervert~! But he wasn't interested in helping me get girls, said it was 'lame' or something like that."

What a good boy! An angel, I say!

"And so he should!" With a simple swing of your hand, you swat the goon around the skull. "Teaching him to grope strangers! What's the matter with you?! He's just a boy!"

"Heh, if you think I'm a bad influence then you'll definitely wanna keep him away from your boyfriend." 

"Fufufu~! Is that jealousy I detect, Red-hair?" Your boyfriend's voice suddenly chimes from behind you as his hands rest on your shoulders, gently kneading your muscles with his fingertips. "I hope you're not hitting on my girl~!"

The look Shanks gives him doesn't go amiss to you, he has never been fond of Doflamingo, apparently it's the blonde's misplaced ego that annoys your friend so greatly. 

"Ah, I've been meaning to speak to you!" Your voice coming out cheery as you lean your head back to look up at your lover, he's wearing sunglasses as usual but you can still feel his stare on you from behind the shades. "There's a school trip on Friday, to the aquarium! Will you come with me? All years are welcome to sign up for it so you're able to!"

A long hum sounds from Doflamingo before he shakes his head, a false pout etched into his face. "Sorry pumpkin, I have business studies on Friday." Although you don't actually love this guy, the refusal still annoys you immensely. 

Honestly, how am I going to build a bond with this asshole if he's always so damn unavailable?! 

You know that with your relationship as it is now, he simply sees you as a passing fling and doesn't have any strong feelings yet, not strong enough for him to hurt if you dump him anyway, so you've been trying to get him to hang out with you for an entire day to release all of your charms onto him. 

Sure, you hang out a lot after school and fool around a little but he doesn't look at you with much love and that's something you want to change, the second he looks at you as if you're his everything, that'll be the right second to break his heart into tiny little pieces. 

"But Doffyyyyy~!" Your whines are somewhat playful despite your annoyance, a forged sad look on your face as you stare up at him with puppy-dog eyes. "None of my friends will go and I don't wanna go alooone~!" 

You hear a slight snicker from Shanks, you can already tell that the redhead is judging you harshly on how needy you sound but you don't care, you intent to achieve your goal no matter what the price. 

"I don't want to miss business studies just to watch fish." The response would have probably hurt your feelings if you were actually interested in the guy, your face falling at his comment regardless. After all, it is your fascination that he's dismissing so carelessly. "If you're lonely, I'll tell Rosinante to go with you. You said it's for all years, yes?" 

Damn it!

You had really thought you'd get him on this trip, it's open to all years and Doffy is a couple of years older than you so he's in a higher grade and therefore, you only really run into him during Lunch and Breaks. 

Rosinante is your age and therefore in many of your classes but he barely ever speaks and apparently isn't too interested in meeting you, otherwise you assume he would have by now.

"Oh good, send me on a trip with your brother who I barely even know. So charming, Doffy."

"This will be a good opportunity for you to get to know him then, won't it?" The blonde planting a kiss on your forehead before making his way back out of the school cafeteria, a few of his friends following behind him. 

This task is going to be a royal pain in the ass.

"What a poser~!" Shanks playfully chuckles as he leans across the table once again, resting his head in his palm. "Who wears sunglasses indoors~?"

He raises a good point but...I have to keep up appearances.

"Hey! Quit being rude about my boyfriend, Shanks!"