SEVEN

[ CHAPTER SEVEN ]

It's been a rough year and a half now when Dian went to the hospital and learnt that her mom --- her only parent, unfortunately died fighting for cancer.

And now, over the past three sadden months already when her path became more rough because of another person who happened to give her life sense the time is also the person who would break her into pieces. But then, she has nothing to do but to accept the fact that he might never come back to her.

Although she didn't get any answer from all her 'whys' in her mind. But the truth is, she still has this hope to see him, again. At least, just once.

However, after the hard times that she had been through, Dian finally decided to flew back in the Philippines after twelve years of being away from her home country just to finally meet... Her new family.

It's been a brief weeks now since Dian just graduated in college by her course of business management with the help of a very kind man; that you would suppose to meet, right know.

Standing firmly in front of a big house, a man who's in late forties came out and the moment he went closer to her, a wide genuine smile and a big warm arms welcomed her warmly.

"Oh, darling. Welcome home."

Dian hugs him back and then after seconds, they pulled out as she gave him a sweet smile, "Thanks po, Tito... So, how have you been?"

Danillo let out a silent laugh, "Good, thanks. But, hija, you kept calling me Tito for a year and so but you know what, you can call me, Papa now... Well if you just want to? That would be great seems that you're now my daughter."

Dian breathe in surprise of happiness, but a part of that, she felt the urge of crying anytime soon but she fights for it, not wanting to look like a crybaby in front of him. Instead, Dian gave him a wide smile and this time, she's the one who initiates to hug him, tightly.

"Papa..." she whispered.

"Oh, that sounds good than Tito or Mr. fat bald man, doesn't it?"

Dian lifted her sight and chuckled from his sentence.

Truth to be told, that was the first time Dian called someone as that. To have someone like she dreamed to have for. And that is to have a father... A father figure that she never had as she was growing up.

Danillo Vergara --- the very kind family man who providentially heaven gave to Dian to be... Her new father.

Danillo is the closest friend of her Mom and when the time he found out that Linda --- Dian's mom has a cancer, without thinking twice, Danillo helped them and promised to take good care of them, and now, he just fulfilled what Linda rigorously asked for and that is... To adopt her daughter Dian, and take good care of her.

As Dian and Danillo pulled away from the warm hug, Danillo took her trolley in his hand and led Dian to the front door as they starts to walk, "Pasensiya ka na, hija, hindi kita nasundo kanina ha. Bigla kasing umatake yung migraine ko e. Alam mo na, kapag tumatanda..."

Dian softly chuckles, "Oh no, it's really fine po. You've sent the car and the driver to pick me up anyway and that's too much of you. Thank you, Papa."

Danillo smiled, "You're very welcome, darling... So, how are you? And how's the flight?"

This time, they stopped from walking as they reached in front of the door, Dian sighed heavily as she remembered how she spent her three hours in the traffic earlier, "Well, I'm great po and the flight was good, too, but the traffic wasn't. Goodness gracious! You know what po, we've spent three freakin' hours stucked in the traffic that I got myself slept but when I wake up I'm still in it! It's pitiless! Mama was right, she has told me many things about here and now, I just experienced one of the many."