FOURTEEN

[ CHAPTER FOURTEEN ]

Intensely unlocking the door of Room 317, Dian enters reluctantly in and immediately saw Matter who's silently seating on the couch and with an illegible rage, Matter got surprised when he saw her, as a matter-of-factly, fuming mad as she stops and stood in front of him, which, he didn't get to notice because of how drown he was with his thoughts earlier.

Surprisingly standing up with his legs, Matter was about to speak when her sudden words entered in between, bombing like a mad thunder.

"Why are these f-cking rings still here?!"

Looking back at her, he suddenly noticed something and with a sudden growing eyes, he completely recognized what she has in her hand.

Oh, sh-t!

"How did--"

Releasing a sharp range of breathe, Dian abruptly cuts him off.

"Why the hell you keep these until now, Mat? Didn't I threw it back to you and told to threw them away?! What now? What the f-cking now that these rings are still here?!"

Matter gave him a short look, wide-eyed, "I tried... I tried but I just could not." with his voice almost trailing off.

Yet, her infuriating stare never leaves him, "Why?"

Matter hardly swallowed, pulling out some strength before he starts to lay his clearance on the table, "Because... Because that isn't easy as that, Dian. We both have memories together way back... We've been in the same page. We've been happy but then we've been left broken. Nasaktan tayo but it's still not easy to just trash the things that bounded us before."

Dian glares at him angrily, "Don't give me that bullsh-t, Mat! Don't give me!" she snapped, clearly fury while breathing sharply, "... What is this all about? Bakit mo 'ba ako ginugulo? Bakit mo 'ba ako pinapahirapan ng ganito!"

But he remains silent this time. Uncertainly sure of what to say to her.

"Alam mo ba kung gaano kasakit na makita ulit 'to, ha?" Dian continues, wounded up, while clutching the small box tightly, "... Kung paanong yung mga alaala natin bigla na lang bumalik? Kung paanong yung mga punyetang pangako natin sa isa't-isa ay nasara?! Alam mo ba 'yun, Mat, ha?! Do you freaking know what it feels like?!"

In a swift, she strode an abrupt steps away from him, then stops, her hand slides roughly on her throat, the other's gripping tightly the box, and then finally take a turn and faced him again with hurtfulness.

And he knew that she is.

"Tell me it doesn't mean anything why you keep this... On why you still have this! Tell me, Mat! Tell me that it means nothing because I don't know what to think anymore, Mat! Tell me there's nothing!"

"No."

There's an abrupt halt as Matter glanced up to her, finding the wrath she has keep giving him as he speaks, "Alam mo sa sarili mo kung bakit at kung ano ang ibig sabihin ng lahat ng ito Dian. And remember all that I have told you when I was drunk? Totoo lahat 'yun at 'yun ang dahilan ko!"

Dian stiffly closed her eyes and shook her head firmly,

No... Hell, no, he can't.

"Hindi... Hindi pwede... You are just f-cking confused! Tapos na tayo! Matagal nang tapos! Hindi pwede 'to... Hindi na pwede 'to!"

"Mali ka. Hindi pa tayo tapos!"

"Yes! Tapos na, Mat, kaya 'wag mo nang guluhin pa!" she fought back not until she suddenly felt him took a step towards her.