nine.

FIGHT FOR FAMILY
009. | queen death

I woke up, expecting to find Klaus still sleeping beside me but he wasn't

I woke up, expecting to find Klaus still sleeping beside me but he wasn't. All my hand found when I felt around was the sheets on his side of the bed. I sat up and looked around the room, searching for him.

I was still trying to come to terms with the fact that I was related to the Hollow or Inadu.

I got out of bed and made my way downstairs, picking up on Klaus and the twins talking. I down to the courtyard and found the three of them sitting at a table full of desserts.

"Morning everyone" I looked at all the sweets that filled the table and the twins smiling with powdered sugar all around their mouths, "I guess apple turnover is fruit"

"Good morning" Klaus pulled me towards him for a kiss. Hope and Liam both groaned in disgust. I rolled my eyes, pulling away and let out a light laugh when Klaus frowned at the twins.

"I saw no harm in indulging our children's sweet tooth," Klaus smirked, "All things in moderation, of course"

"Okay" I turned to the twins, "Don't eat too many. You'll get a stomachache and sugar rush" I sat down and grabbed a beignet for myself.

"Did I ever tell you the story of my first beignet?" Klaus asked our kids. The twins both shook their heads, "No? You are in for a treat. Long ago, three French nuns came to New Orleans looking for a fresh start. And they came here. They marched right into our courtyard and they presented your uncle Elijah and me with these rather lumpy-looking, sugar-coated pastries. .  ."

Hayley entered the courtyard as Klaus continued to tell his story to the twins. I waved at her and she waved me over. I furrowed my brows but excused myself from the table before I approached her.

"What's up?" I asked. She seemed a bit off.

Hayley looked at Klaus and twins for a moment, she gently grabbed my arm and we walked away to talk privately, "Have you seen Elijah?"

I shook my head, "I thought he was with you"

"Well, I haven't seen him since he left for Marcel's last night" Hayley replied.

We tried to find Elijah but nothing. Our last resort was to have Freya track her brother down. She suggested that Elijah might've stayed at Marcel's but Klaus had already checked there. We had all gathered in the ballroom.

"He's not at Marcel's" Hayley grunted.

"I'll find him" Freya promised before she started to chant, "Jalgida minu blóo mitt. Jalgida minu blóo mitt" Freya stopped and sighed in defeat before looking up at Hayley, Klaus, and I, "He's cloaked by magic. I can feel it"

The Hollow's jawbone that laid on a table behind us started to move, rotate. We looked at it, confused. Just then, Vincent entered, "That's her. That's the Hollow. She has Elijah and now she wants that bone"