twelve.

FIGHT FOR FAMILY
012. | voodoo child

I woke up and for once felt amazing

I woke up and for once felt amazing. I no longer had to worry about Inadu. Everything was or could be pass as normal. I got dressed and went to find my husband. I finally found him in the courtyard, about to leave.

"Klaus" I called

Klaus turned around to face me and let out a sigh, "I know that look, you need something. Whatever it is, it can wait. I'm off to talk to Marcel" He walked past me

"We need to talk about Hope and Liam's future" I stated

"They're seven," He said, "We're their parents, they will go where we go"

"Klaus, we need to have a very real conversation about what's best for them" I urged

"Yes, there are a couple of conversations that need to happen, but we're late"

I furrowed my brows at his 'we' and turned around to find Elijah standing before me. I looked at him for a second before walking away.

I made my way upstairs to Hope and Liam's room. Hope was on her bed with crayons and paper in front of her. Liam was nowhere to be seen.

I entered, "Hey, sweetie, drawing something?"

"Yes" Hope confirmed

"What's that supposed to be? A snowstorm?" I guessed. I sat down on the bed and started to brush her hair, "So, now that all this trouble's behind us, I thought that we could have a chat about what happens next. I know that you want to have a normal life with friends and school and art and sports and. . ." I trailed off, noticing how quiet Hope was, "Hey. You okay?"

"I'm fine"

I stopped brushing her hair, "Hope, if you're worried about the Hollow, don't be. Everything's okay now, I promise"

"Can I go back to my drawing?"

"Sure, yeah"

I stood on the balcony that was connected to my old bedroom. I heard footsteps, "Let me guess, boy trouble?" Rebekah walked closer

"More like Klaus trouble" I sighed, "Things between us are complicated right now"

"Well, that's a word often used to describe my brother. But his feelings for you are quite simple" My sister in law told me, "He adores you, Thalia and whatever you chose to do he'll respect it and do as you say"

"I know that," I said, "And I know the sacrifices he's made for me, for this family"

"He's saved us all at various times"