Not you average story...

If you are reading this you need to forget about every supernatural fantasy book you have ever read, because my dear friend those stories are a pile of fictional speculation. This, well this is the truth. Many humans think they are experts on our kind but they believe is stories and myths passed on for generations and contorted into some form of ideal world. That, that is not the world we really live in. I am sure this will all come clear soon, it may take you a while to get your head around the differences though.

First things first we'll cover my kind... Werewolves.

We are nothing more than cursed soles, we are not your mouth watering handsome teenage heart throbs as some of you would believe. No we are animalist uncontrollable arseholes most of the time, yes the truth can be brutal. We were created by a dark goddess when she was in a particularly pissy mood, she shattered the sole of a man and pieced it with that of a wolf. Half man half wolf, containing only half of each animals soul. Our other halves you ask? Well that's the kicker their still out their somewhere and the majority of our kind never find theirs. Most people die never being able to stare into the eyes of there other half, funny thing is  half a soul can't survive without the other, they die you die. Many die searching, some never search at all but the truth is we all ache for something we will never really know. So yeah our fate isn't destined theirs no moon goddess looking over us our creation was nothing other than the stupid reaction of a scorned woman.

Yes we stay together in groups, yes it is called a pack and yes we do have a hierarchy but believe me when I say this is nothing more than an animal instinct for survival. We were the outcasts, the misunderstood and the hunted.  The truth is rouges weren't feared or dangerous like most onlookers believe they instead we're the incredibly brave or stupid depending how you look at it but they were the lone wolves of the world. In fact the world rouge isn't a word from our vocabulary only a word invented by modern myths, in our world these individuals were nomads.

Unfortunately I was not one of them, I was an owned sole, and my curse was all the more harrowing. My curse was not just the curse of the werewolf but that of an Alpha, an Alpha who knew everyday may be his last as he felt his mate grow weaker day by day. We refer to our lost souls as a mate for obvious cliché reasons including sole mate but it was a genuine comparison and therefore one which was well known even in human mythology. So they did get one thing right I suppose.

I'd never meet the she-wolf that held the answers to all my misery and I was sure of it. The first full moon after my 15th birthday it had happened my body have forced into a shift by the curse and my were curse had activated. Which in itself is unusual shift don't tend to happen until 16-18th birthdays but always on a full moon nevertheless. But no the moon wasn't the only thing that triggered our transformation, think of it more as an unconscious response like moving your hand from the heat of a flame. The sensation of you flesh burning makes you instantly pull away does it not? Well this is the same as the moon we instantly shift, however once we know the flame is hot we can consiously choose weather to touch it or not... Well every day other than a full moon, other than that we can shift and change as we please.

But as I was saying my mate was dying and there was nothing that I could do about it. For I didn't know where she was what she was or even who she was. I just knew each day the sting that held out soles together frayed more and more each day and when it snapped we would both fall into the oblivion that was death. Who could know what would meet us on the other side of death.

But back to my current situation.

The knuckles of my hands turned white as I gripped the thick wood of my desk. I inhaled slowly in attempts to calm myself I could feel my eyes flickering between their usual brown Hugh to black as I struggled against the internal battle raging within my mind. My animal side wanted to break free using my anger but I tried to suppress it, and it wasn't working very well.

The smell of my study made breathing techniques all the more inadequate for this situation. I could smell the unmistakeable metallic linger of blood and the must of the downpour that was thrashing against the landscape and window pane. Instead I focussed intently on my knuckles turning white the blood draining out of them and the small scar that ran alongside my thumb from my childhood.

My Beta stood facing me from the opposite side of my desk eyeing me quizzically, he was not unfamiliar with my current stance but it still fassinated him. He was fascinated by mine and my mates bond, similar to many other wolves we were quite the pair. Out of all of the wolves only 5% will find their mates that's only one in twenty, many will never even feel those existence only the harrowing emptiness. However hear I was a full blooded Alpha writhing in agony, why you ask? Because so was my mate and I could feel her every neurone firing within my own body, if she was in pain so was I. The animal within me let out a pained howl as my finger slowly and painfully extended, cracking and popping until my claws were scraping against my desk my wolf forcing himself further and further into control.

"Grayson" my eyes snapped up pitch black staring at my Beta John. "You need to tell someone what's happening to you," he began before my low growl cut him off. He backed away his hands up in surrender his blue eyes piercing my black. I didn't want to growl at him the truth was I'd want nothing more than to get back to my mind numbingly boring, tedious paperwork.

Suddenly though it was as if someone had heard my thoughts and the searing hot paint that ran through my body slowly dulled, enough so that I could with gain full control over that animal.

"It's okay it's over I think, it's stopped" I breathed out not noticing I had been holding my breath until so. This wasn't a regular occurrence, I could go months without ever really feeling her, the bond growing weekend and weekend but then I'd feel like I was being burnt alive or slaughtered. Being a full blooded Alpha it was meant to be easier for me to find her, my parents were mates and Alphas therefore I was a pure wolf child, unlike those of unmated wolves who had decided to find love elsewhere which to be fair probably saved our species from extinction with the whole 5% thing.

"I apologize in advanced for speaking out of term Alpha but do you not think it would be in the best interest of the pack for you to see someone. In turn your putting the pack in jeopardy what of when she perishes." A low growl hums from chest warning him to not carry on but he is persistent. "You'll die too Sir," he states obviously.

I furrow my brow and sigh pinching the bridge of my nose, it's true, I needed to pick a successor if this pack was to continue and the pack deserved to know their alpha was dying. Showing weekends was ironically not one of my strengths so I had always kept my knowledge of my mate secret feigning complete ignorance to the situation, the situation itself was unique so it's not uncommon for this to be the case with most wolves alphas included.

Ignoring the current conversation I pealed myself away from my desk and walked out of the room in search for a mop to hopefully removed the stench of blood from the floor of my study. Had you forgotten about the unforgettable metallic smell my study held? The blood was mine. I had clawed at my chest when the inferno erupted it honestly felt like I had been set on fire and I pawed as if I could suffocate the fire but I'd become frantic. I retrieved what I was looking for in a closet down the hall and walked back to a bathroom to fill the bucket before returning to my study. I knew I'd have to deal with my Beta once I'd cleaned, he'd wait.