Chapter 8

Grayson

I was going to be a long arse journey, we were travelling to the Scottish Highlands in hope to find some information on this Elijah man, I wasn't sure if they'd be happy to discuss the man who wiped out their kin. The man who slaughtered the most dense pack land in the UK, see wolves tend to stick to wooded areas and in small groups, they do so out of instinct for safety. Often groups get too large and conflict occurs when two Alphas arise, when this occurs they fight, the loosing Alpha can either make peace with his lower ranking or can leave become Nomad or if he carries a small following he or she for that matter can go on to found their own pack. The UK was once a very woodland dense area but Scotland and it's Highlands was a preferred area, the weather was harsher and therefore the.human population was smaller.

Then Elijah came, the man who destroyed packs at a flick of a wrist. The man, well Sage had been netourious at one point. He was thought to be the devil himself to some, his kind were given the sweet freedom of death while he was dammed to walk the earth. No one really knows how long they live, just that they have strange strong powers, they can tamper with minds and they can be extremely persuasive to the point they can control someone into physically harming and even killing themselves. Easier to kill an army when you can get them to kill themselves right? It doesn't matter how outnumbered they are they always win, they'll always have people protecting them and they'll always be able to walk away. Probably the reason why some merciful God pulled their existence from the world.

I flexed my hands on the steering wheel, Luke may have been one of the strongest willed men I'd ever met but he was not able to stay awake for twenty four hours driving. This became blatantly obvious as he quickly fatigued once daylight tired. He wasn't stubborn enough to argue but I could tell he was displeased with my choice to drive the wrangler, it may have been pretty beat up from the abuse he gave it but it was a possession he had become fond on. Personally I never found the need to have a human like emotional attachment to anything, most wolves didn't infact the thought of it was almost laughable. Luke had always been different though, he was more understanding than most and kind at heart a weakness which had somehow earned him a place at my side. He was trust worthy and loyal and most importantly level headed he would not follow blindly like most wolves in packs. See the survival nature of our kind made us group together but the desire to be a lone wolf ran through us all but throughout the years we'd been domesticated in packs into believing we were followers again a lie to our half beast sole.

The rain pounded on the windscreen as the wipers went full pelt, it would have been so much easier to run to Scotland but no instead here I was peering over the steering wheel looking for tail light as viability was down to a few feet. Typical British weather, England was a country very ill prepared for its own weather apparently. It was either flooding or in draught there was never an in between and every year between November and April it was rumered to be showing ever other week. Let me tell you a secret, it barely snows in England and when it does the whole country comes to a standstill. Humans around here couldn't cope with the cold quite ovbiously.

I looked over to the back to see Luke stretched out, I expected John to have reached out. Thankfully he must have realised I didn't ask for him for a reason, he needed to watch the pack, he wasn't a leader by any means the man was a born Beta he could lead a pack and fight but at the end of the day he didn't have the raw power or the ability to make decisions which is essential in an alpha.

My head was easily quiet for the first time in a longtime. I'd been away from the pack to enjoy the freedom which came as a Nomad and I understood more and more why someone would choose this life. I however knew I would never shy away from my respobilities I couldn't imagine life any other way, I thrived off the power and privilege that came from my title I was a good leader and that's why people wanted me to lead. We came to the pack for survival we stayed because we found a home which pleased our humanoid half.