Chapter 7

Saffron
By the time we neared the meeting point I was cradled in the strange man's arms. I didn't know who or what he was other than an alpha an alpha who had no qualms with a nomad injured she-wolf challenging him in what I can assume is his own back yard. My bare skin against his burn, the idea of anyone touching me made me psychically sick, acid burning my throat as I hold back the bile threatening to spill from my mouth. Instead of focussing on the man currently cradling me I focused on my breathing trying to even it out as much as I possibly could.

He won't kill you girlie, he's not what you think he is. Just pretend to be asleep like he said, even deep breaths and no one will supsect anything.

I couldn't help but peer through my eyelashes as I heard the ground change, his footsteps now instead moved across gravel. True to his word he was meeting someone I fully closed my eyes and focused on my breathing. My body was numb, I was experiencing a bizarre feeling. I could recognise my pain but not feel it. So I could feel the pain caused by all the trauma inflicted to my body but it didn't register as my pain, it was as if it was being experienced by some one else and I was merely watching. That wasn't the case of course as I could recall each and every blow from the day before and exactly where they had landed, although I may not have payed attention to my beating I had definitely lived through it.

The gravel footsteps came to a halt and so did the strange Alpha. I focused back into my surrounding ignoring my situation. The other man seemed to not even question the man's motives and without spoken word they fell into step with eachother as the alpha resumed walking. By this point I had honestly become sleepy and the rocking sensation coupled with the lack of pain made me ache for slumber. What better way to act asleep than to fall asleep.

.....

"She's a nomad, maybe she ran into trouble who knows. It's a pretty scary world out there for a wolf on their own you know how it is, only the brave and the delinquent think they can survive alone."

"Maybe she isn't truly a Nomad maybe she part of a pack and lost, you'd never see the marking of a pack beyond those burns and bruised anyway."

"Maybe you should mind your own darn buinsess" my wolf sneered. The room fell silent, I didn't actually just say that did I. Well I guess I did as I felt eyes burning on me, a 6th sense if you must I could feel the state, figuring they definitely knew I was awake at this point and they hadn't struck me for speaking out of term I opened my eyes figuring things couldn't possibly get worse for me. Honestly I was quite annoyed that I hadn't just been left to rot by this man and that he'd interrupted my impending doom. It was only a matter of time till I was found by Elijah any outside help would only prolong the torture I would receive upon being found. I would be punished beyond my limits that was for sure, the man never did anything by half, which was admirable I suppose and he always followed through on his threats.

I took in my surrounding blinking slightly from the bright light to find myself lay on a thin mattress ontop of a metal frames bed. The room was small, clean almost military looking with a green floor and blinding white walls and oddly a compact metal lavatory with no seat. An odd design for a room but effectively everything you needed to keep someone contained and better equipt for bodily motions than any room I'd ever been held in before.

The door the was open with the two men stood in front now fully clothed looking more human than animal, which was a far cry from my usual company. I took in their appearances, they were both tall of a muscular build, the man who had found me stood will his arms at his side lazily leaning against the door frame while the other man blonde now had a stern face with his arms crossed blocking th rest of the exit.

"A doctor will be back to see you soon, your injuries have started healing he said it would probably be best to let you sleep while you could, your body shows signs of chronic fatigue" I nodded not wanting to converse with the two men whom I knew nothing of. They could quite easily hand me back as easily as they took me in, my ribs howled in pain I could feel the swelling to my face still prominent and my tongue could still taste the all too familiar taste of blood. Realising j had been staring at the pair too long I lowered my head and nodded slightly. Don't look a man in the eye unless directed to, mistake number three, the first being jumping and the second being found.