Chapter 5

The forest was eerily quiet, a girl curled into a ball her ebony locks falling around her face her bright green orbs shimmering with tears held fear in them. She was cold, alone and barley dressed, her clothes left in tatters.

Her tears fell down and ran across her cheeks highlighting her scattered freckles. Her body shook as she stifled her sorrowful cries she had never been so alone her entire life she had been caged and now she had freedoms he was too week to utilize it. Instead she wimpered closing her eyes again and drifting off unsure if she would wake.

Instead of falling into a blissful sleep all she could think about was him memories of her torturous time with Elijah ran through her head.

He held the silver dagger to her wrist slicing it open before lapping up her blood with his tongue showing his yellowing teeth. "You taste so sweet, I'm sure other parts of you must taste sweeter," his eyes blackened with lust the blue veins in his body glowed. He pulled the broken girl closer to him, and within a second he had her thighs parted and the dagger was between her legs threatening to nick at the delicate flesh. "I'll mark you as mine in a way no one else could" he scored at the delicate flesh in a skillful manner. He had mutilated her.

Grayson

I woke up panting, bed soaked in sweat and looked at the time it was 3am, I wanted to believe that everything I witnessed had been a dream but I knew too well it was my mate projecting this into my head. My eyes burnt with tears my heart beat with so much force it felt as if it could fly out of my chest at any given moment.

Knowing what type of things my mate had been victim too only made the pain worse before I had been ignorant I knew she had been abused I knew her life had been filled with torment but to see a small snippet like that only made me wonder what else had happened and made the entire thing more real.

'I would love you no matter what anyone had done to you I would love every scar your body held I would love everything about you' I thought hoping she could maybe hear into my mind aswel as she could project. She'd always had all the power when it came to our connection she could control what to share and want to hide and when to be present and when not. It would have been a whole lot easier had she just let me in, maybe I could have found her if the connection was two way.

'Grayson' a small voice spoke, a raspy broken voice but beautiful none the less.

This wasn't an average mind link it wasn't anyone from my pack I couldn't reach for the wolf the voice belonged to.

'yes?' I willed myself to think incase the voice was still there somewhere.

'I love you too' and with that her presence left.

That's when I was sure, it was her. I had eventually had my first conversation with the girl who had plagued my mind for years and instead of asking anything that could have helped me find her I'd instead confessed my love to her to a girl is never met.

When reality set in I was seething with anger, a man a sage no less had been the one hurting my mate. Now I knew his name well his first name but that was all I needed to start my search. My animal instincts almost took over and I could feel my claws elongate before retracting again, I grabbed by phone off the side ignoring the fact it was 3am and called my Beta, Luke.

After a few rings he picked up "Alpha" his groggy voice spoke, I'd ovbiously awoken him from a slumber, not that I cared.

"I know who has her" was all I said before I could hear a ruckus from the opposite side of the phone as Luke fumbled in a shocked state fully awake now.

"Who, How Alpha?" He choked out.

"I need you to find any information you can on a Sage named Elijah, he had her but she's somehow alone now I'm not sure how but I saw her and spoke to her."