A Name

Thunder boomed and lightning crashed in their usual, terrifying dance of the night. The rain poured harshly down onto the outside surface of a hospital. Outside, one could not hear the wails or screams of a newborn baby as it was held up from its mother's bloodied body. Unfortunately, the mother had died and the doctor who had performed the c-section looked down at her corpse with little remorse. She had done her part and there was no need for her anymore. The doctor cut the umbilical cord from its stomach and cleaned the blood and grime it had all over its body before checking to see what sex it was.

The man muttered underneath the mask as he held the cleaned, wailing baby in one hand and a wrote down on a form with the other, "Sex is male, weight is three pounds exactly, and height is..."

He glanced at the baby boy as he set him down back onto the scale. On the side of the white scale was a ruler, which had been engraved into it.

"The height is one foot."

Once he finished writing the rest of the baby's information down, he put a diaper around his waist and then wrapped him in a dark blue blanket to keep him warm. He walked out of the room, telling the nurses to dispose of the body, and down the long, white hallway. Cradling the newborn in his large arms, the doctor glanced over it again. The boy had blond curls on the top of his head, his skin was rather pale, and his large, narrowed eyes were a bright blue. The baby was very chubby, but that was how most babies were born.

Upon entering the nursery, he hooked a gloved finger behind his blue mask and pulled it down over his chin. The man's lips were thin and he had a strong jawline. He had on a blue, short sleeved shirt, which had a single pocket on the left side of his chest, a pair of matching blue pants, white tennis shoes, and a white lab coat. His named tag hung on the right side of his chest and his short, dirty-blond hair hung loosely from his scalp. As he carefully placed the calm baby down in one of the many cribs, he straightened his posture when he heard a woman's voice speak to him from across the room, "Dr. Wesker!"

Anthony Wesker tried his damnest not to roll his eyes when he heard the woman's overly cheery voice enter his ears. He had just gotten the baby to go to sleep and then she had to come inside and risk waking him, along with the other slumbering babes. Pushing his golden glasses further up his nose, he turned to her and nearly bumped into her doing so. They both made noises in surprise and as she opened her mouth to speak again, he quickly lifted one of his gloved hands to cover it.

Speaking in a hushed tone, he couldn't keep the annoyance out of his voice, "Annika, be quiet. You'll wake the children..!"

It was then the redheaded nurse's green orbs slowly glanced over the slumdering babies and she flinched a little at his tone. Nodding in repsonse, she quickly crept back out into the hall, Anthony followed her right on her heels. Once they were outside, he removed the latex gloves as she began to speak in an excited tone, "Ohh, Dr. Wesker, aren't you so happy?! You have a baby boy! How is your wife? Is she okay?"

Anthony tried not to stiffen when she spoke about his dead wife and he forced out a sigh. The doctor feigned sadness as he slowly replied, "Maria...died while giving birth to him."

The red head immediately settled down and frowned. She placed one of her hands on his shoulder and said in a compassionate tone of voice, "Oh, Anthony... I am so sorry."

Annika honestly didn't know what to say and they travelled down the hallway in silence. He must have felt so heartbroken.

When they reached the elevator, she spoke up again, "...Did she at least get to choose a name for him?"

"No," was his immediate reply and he pressed the second floor's button once they were inside.

"Oh."

A few moments of silence ensued on their short ride within the square machine.

"What will you name him?"

Anthony thought a few moments.

What should his name be?

He wouldn't get to see the boy enough to have an emotional attachment to him thanks to the new project he and Spencer had started in the past few months. Letting out a long sigh, the man thought hard about it. He had never been good with names...

Looking ahead of him as the door opened, he turned back to the nurse and finally replied, "His name will be Albert. Albert Wesker."