A Scared Little Lad

Cold, dark blue eyes stared down at the blonde boy on the ground. The group of the fellow Wesker Children laughed at him as color rushed to his pale cheeks and Albert had to look away from the others. He always showed it, submission. He was always the easiest one to tease, always the first one they chose to pick on just because he was a little different. Just because he was smarter than them and Spencer seemed to favor him over all the rest. They were jealous of him, though the little boy did not know that. He thought they were right; he was a freak and a nobody.

The outcast.

"What's the matter, Albert? Are you scared? Are you gonna run back to your daddy and cry?" The second eldest boy, Samson, taunted him and laughed just before the other three joined in. "He doesn't care about you. You are just a stupid freak who's all alone."

Albert felt his eyes begin to water and as the group began to sing the words, "Daddy doesn't love you" in a taunting manner, he covered his ears and shut his eyes. After a few seconds, the young Wesker pushed himself off the floor and ran straight to his room, slammed the door behind him. He locked it before he hurridely walked to his bed and began to pace about the room. Everyday he had to deal with the others' constant bullying and he never got any relief aside from locking himself within his bedroom.

However, that door didn't quiet down the taunting. It never did. Albert went to the place he always found some form of comfort: his large closet. Going inside, he shut the double doors and crawled in the furthest corner he could sit in. Covering his ears again, he shut his eyes and furrowed his blonde brows, tried to block out the neverending, loud taunting that came from outside the bedroom door.

Albert wasn't sure how long he had been in that position, hiding within his closet. He had half heartedly wiped away the crocodile sized tears from his eyes when he heard a woman's voice speak up from the other side of the wardrobe's door. He knew that voice. It always brought a sense of peace to him; made him calm when he was upset.

"Albert," the woman's soft, worried voice spoke up again. "Could you open the door for me, please?"

The eighteen year old woman on the other side was met with a long silence. Jade knew it would take the boy a little while to wipe away the rest of his tears and attempt to look fine. It always did and as she sat there on the ground in a crouched position, she waited patiently for him to make his appearance. Jade wore her usual work attire; a light blue, knee-high dress with white heels and a thin, white coat over it. Her name was sewed onto the right side of her chest on both her coat and dress. In her coat pocket was a pen and small notepad, as well as some of Albert's favorite candy.

Finally, the door slowly opened and out crawled the blond boy, the skin around his eyes red and puffy. He avoided her gaze, his cheeks red and wet with embarrassment. Jade spoke in a soft whisper as she held out her arms to him, "There he is... Come here, dear."

He slowly lifted his blue orbs up to look at her face before he crawled to sit in her lap. As soon as he was comfy, the nurse wrapped her arms around the boy in a warm embrace. They sat in silence for a few minutes and Albert finally broke that silence, "...My brothers and sisters were mean to me again. They hit me... They... They said that daddy doesn't love me."

Tears had begun to form in his eyes again as he looked up at her with a trembling lower lip, "D-Does daddy not love me? He-He doesn't come see me."

Jade's red brows furrowed slightly in worry and she pulled him closer, "No, no. Daddy does love you. He doesn't see you because his work keeps him away. You know Daddy works a lot. He is trying to help you and the other children not get sick, remember? He has to work very hard to make your medicine."

Albert's tears had subsided slightly when he was reminded that his father worked all the time. Yes, she was right. He was very busy working, trying to make medicine...
The red-head took out a small handkerchief and wiped the few tears from his eyes. "You don't listen to your brothers and sisters. They are just lonely like you and they want attention. You are very special and remember," Jade looked right into his eyes with a warm smile, "You are always dear to my heart."

A small smile finally appeared on the boy's face and Jade smiled back as he replied with a "Yes Ma'am."

"Now," she started with more of a bouncy tone, "How about we get some of your favorite candy and you can read me that book for your homework. Hm?"

When Albert nodded, he stood to grab his book and sat back down into Jade's lap. As he turned to the place he left off, he heard the crinkle of plastic and was handed a butterscotch candy. Placing it in his mouth, he began to read aloud and Jade listened intently, making sure to correct and help him as need be.