Chapter Five

The trio soon found themselves in the Elven Kingdom, looking at a determined Akira, surrounded by guards as she fired arrow after arrow at the monsters attacking her people. They heard the guard tell Akira she needed to get somewhere safe, as well as Akira's stubborn refusal. They watched the Queen convince Akira to go to Magix and seek out Palladium. They watched as Akira was taken to the throne room, and saw her mother killed by the Ancestral Witches. The memory ended when Akira was sent through the portal, but no one needed to see any more to know what had become of her father. When the images disappeared, Akira had tears running down her cheeks. Palladium quickly pulled his mate against his chest, settling her into his lap. He held her, whispering sweet nothings into her ear as he stroked her hair. Meanwhile, Faragonda was trying to process and comprehend what she had just seen. Finally, she spoke,"I thank you for showing me this, Princess Akira. Though, I suppose it's Queen Akira now. I am terribly sorry for your loss. Of course, you are welcome to stay here as long as you need. And when you do decide to return to your kingdom, the fairies of Alfea will most certainly help you. I will get in contact with Miss Griffin from Cloud Tower, as well as Saladin and Codatorta at Red Fountain. I'm certain they will want to help as well. For now, though, I'm sure you would like to rest. Am I correct in assuming you will be staying with Professor Palladium?" It was Palladium who answered. "Yes, she will be staying in my chambers. If that is all, Headmistress, I believe it best that she be given a few days to recover her strength before anything more has been done. Showing our memories to others, especially traumatic ones, takes a great deal of energy, and Akira will need time to recuperate. If you have any further questions, I ask that you wait until she is better. My mate has been through enough already," he said, standing up with Akira in his arms. It was only then that Faragonda realized that the girl had fallen asleep. Without waiting for an answer, Palladium teleported Akira and himself back to his quarters. He laid Akira on the bed before laying down next to her, allowing her to rest her head on his chest while she slept. Gently brushing her tears away, Palladium pressed a kiss to Akira's forehead. No wonder she was in so much pain when she arrived at Alfea. The poor girl had lost her parents, her home, and her people in a single day. Had she not gone through the portal, she most likely would have lost her life as well. "I swear to you, my love, I will never let anyone hurt you again. On my life, I swear," Palladium whispered before closing his eyes, soon joining his mate in the land of dreams.