2. Home

Frisk and I follow Toriel as she explains the Ruins to Frisk. "I pass down to where I found you every day to see if someone has fallen. In fact, you're the first person to fall in a long time."

She continues leading us through the familiar lavender catacombs when she starts to mention something interesting...

"The Ruins are full of puzzles. Ancient fusions between diversions and door keys."

I guess the puzzles were added once I was gone. I look over to see a scared look on Frisk's face. I place my hand on their shoulders, gently rubbing to calm them down as Toriel continues.

Toriel looks back to notice Frisk's face. She stops and softens her tone."One must solve them to move from room to room. So please adjust yourself to the sight of them."

She leads us into a room with a few switches on the wall. After Toriel explained the puzzle, (also labeling the answer in fluorescent yellow paint), she continued to explain to Frisk the underground.

"As a human living in the Underground, monsters may attack you. You will need to be prepared for this situation. However, worry not," Frisk looks at me, their face filled with fear.

"Hey," I say, "You'll be fine, just listen to Toriel. She knows her way around the Ruins. She won't hurt you." Frisk nods, still shaking slightly.

I wonder if there's a better way to keep them calm

"When you encounter a monster, you will enter a fight. While you are in a fight, strike up a friendly conversation,"

Toriel continues as we stop in front of a dummy on a stand. "Practice talking to the dummy." She exclaims

Frisk looks confused but follows the woman's instructions. "Uh...Hi?" Frisk says.

Of course, the dummy doesn't do anything, but Frisk sees the smile on Toriel and starts to grin.

After Toriel congratulates Frisk, she leads us to a room with a hallway full of spikes coming from the ground. She takes their hand, me taking the other one, as she swiftly walks through the spikes.

Frisk looks up at me with the eyes of fear, but the biggest grin on their face. I smile in return, feeling my face heat up slightly.

Frisk giggles in response, so I quickly try to cool my face. Toriel looks back confused, but she just continues walking forward. "You have done excellently thus far, my child." Toriel starts.

"Forgive me for this," Toriel cries as she quickly runs from us. We see her clearly hide behind a random pillar. Frisk and I laugh under our breath and play along to not seem suspicious.

Frisk puts this sad face on and runs down the long corridor, as they reach the end Toriel comes from hiding. She hands Frisk a cell phone and asks them to stay in the corridor.

Once Toriel leaves the corridor, Frisk and I are left alone to wait. "Hey," I say to get their attention, "We can't just sit here with nothing to do"

"What do you mean?" Frisk questions, "You can just talk to me as we wait!" I hesitate for a minute but then sit in front of them.

"Fine, you can ask 3 questions max then we're leaving" I respond, Frisk face lights up.

"So... Just curious, when did you die?" They ask me. "Well... around 10 years ago"  "Oh... okay. How was your life?"

I think back to my home life and all the friends I made. "My life down here was fun, though I don't remember the life I had before falling down here."

Frisk nods, most likely judging my past. "Lastly... and you don't have to answer if you don't want to,.. but how did you die?"

I feel my body tense up. Now is not the time to tell them. Frisk must have noticed because they change the question.

"UH... What was your favorite candy?" I relax and answer their question. "Chocolate was always my weakness," I say, drooling in my brain.

Their eyes widen after hearing what I said. "I wish I had some on me so I could give some to you," They say with a dejected look. I grab their hand and lift them to their feet.

"Welp I haven't anything in 10 years so I fine," I chuckled, "Why don't you call Toriel just to test if she'll respond then we'll get one our way." Frisk nods, tapping to call Toriel.

After a few rings she picks up. "Hello my child, you called?" Frisk doesn't know what to do now.

"Just ask her what she's doing," Frisk nods and does what I say. "Oh I'm just getting ingredients for something," She's responds.

"Oh okay, thanks mom," Frisk replies. "Oh you wish to call me 'mom'. I don't mind if it makes you happy." Your could practically hear the joy in her voice.

Frisk hangs up the phone. "Let's get going shall we," Frisk says walking to the exit. I float behind them.

We see a bowl full of candy with a 'Take One' sign beside it. Frisk grabs multiple peices (like scum), knocking the bowl over.

We encounter more monsters andFrisk continues with what Toriel told them trying to talk to them. It seems to work everytime.

"Hey look at this," Frisk points to a flyer for a bake sale. "Muffet's Spider Bake Sale.         All proceeds go to real spiders." Interesting.

Frisk places 60 gold in the spiderweb behind the flyer. A spider holding a jug of cider comes from the web and hands it to Frisk.

We continue, passing through rooms with red leaves when we encounter ghost pretending to sleep.

"ZZZZZZZZZZ...." The ghost says. Ugh he's already annoying. The ghost gets up with a solemn expression. A fight starts and we're both confused on what to do.

"How about we try to cheer him up. He looks pretty sad." Frisk suggests. "Go ahead, we've got nothing tho lose."

Frisk proceeds to smile when the ghost says something. It starts to look happier.

"Let me show you something," the ghost starts to cry, the tears floating upward, forming a hat atop the ghost. Frisk applauds.

That's what finally stops the fight. "Oh I'm Napstablook by the way. Oh I'm blocking your aren't I. I'm sorry..." He proceeds tho fade away.

"He seemed cool," Frisk days looking at me. "Yeah, he wasn't bad. Wonder if we'll see him again."

After encountering a few more monster wet would spare, and a few puzzles I help Frisk solve, we finally reach... home.

Toriel I'd in front when she notices Frisk. "Oh my. You made it here on you're own?" She asks, inspecting them for injuries.

"I'm fine," Frisk responds. "Well I have a surprise for you... A butterscotch cinnamon pie!" Toriel beams.

Frisk looks excited about, moms, signature pie. "Well come on home." Toriel says, guiding inside the house.

My home.