14. No Deal, No Hell

No Deal, No Hell

<Katia’s POV>

We went to every bar in Las Vegas, each one seeming less suspicious than the last. I was finally able to try out my agent act; so far every person was buying it, you can’t question a woman of the law.

‘How many more do we have to check, Sam?’ I questioned as we exited another bar filled with shattered dreams.

Sam whipped an envelope from his pocket before looking at the names which he had scribbled onto a tattered napkin. ‘Four,’ he stated simply as he crossed the road. Dean and I both looked at each other before following after him.

‘Where are we going?’ Dean asked Sam, he still continued to follow his younger sibling across the street.

Sam turned to look at Dean before stopping outside of another club; I didn’t even think that it was possible for a person to get so bored of going to different bars. The only thing that interested me was the decor. Each bar looked completely different however half of them had stupid, neon colours splashed over the walls; I’m more into the old style stuff.

Dean banged against the door, it was locked seen as the club wasn’t opening until later on in the day; sometime around ten pm.

A woman answered the door once Dean had repeated to bang his fist against the glass. ‘Sorry, hun’ but we’re not open ‘til ten,’ a woman spoke to Dean as he pulled his badge from his pocket.

‘FBI, Special Agent Nugent,’ Dean introduced- that was the name he’d used when he first came to trick me. ‘There are my partners’ agent Ford and Perry,’ Dean continued. I’m pretty sure a partner means only one other person, not two.

‘Sorry agent but has something happened?’ the woman questioned. She was dressed like some sort of hooker with her bright red lipstick and a tight-fitted, leather cat-suit- her breast burst to be free- it was uncomfortable looking.

‘Actually yes, do you mind if we come in?’ Dean questioned as he crossed his arms before staring at the woman. He actually looked rather threatening.

The woman stepped back before allowing the three of us passed. ‘I can serve you some drinks in just a second,’ the woman smiled as she locked the door before scooting off out of the main party room.

                The three of us sat at the bar whilst speaking with this woman. We’d found out that she was named Marcia Grey and she’s the owner of the club.

‘Are you done here?’ Marcia questioned as she stood up before collecting Dean’s empty shot glass; the man’s always drinking whiskey.

‘Can I just take a quick look around? It’ll only take a couple of minutes,’ Sam explained to Marcia as he drank the last bit of his water.

Marcia scowled at him. ‘I thought we were done; do you have a search warrant?’ Marcia questioned; she suddenly became very hostile and rude.

‘Ma’am, we’re the FBI; we’re our own search warrant,’ Dean responded in the same rude tone. I turned away to hide the smirk that was pushing its way onto my face.

As I turned away from the situation, the door to the club opened and a familiar face came barging into the club.

‘Skylar honey, I told you to stay at home,’ Marcia spoke to the man who I’d met last night one my little, alone, pub-crawl.

Skylar kicked the door shut behind him. ‘Mom, I had to come and see what was happening,’ Skylar responded. Mom? The woman only looks about twenty-six; I need to know what wrinkle cream she’s been using.