Chapter Twenty-seven

-Michael's point of view-

Running out of the venue was difficult, no not because of people calling for me to stay put, but because people physically blocked my path. My eyes were clouded with tears, so without a second thought, I resorted to pushing people out of my way. None were people I truly cared for, so when they shouted at me I couldn't find an ounce of energy to even care. The situation I was living was much more upsetting.

My mind kept flashing back to that awful moment: the look on the fans' faces when they learnt about the secret, how horrifying it must have felt. My heart wouldn't stop sinking lower and lower at the thought of having lost everything I worked so hard to hide from the public.
And it was their fault.

Maybe I'm not the innocent one, but even the idea to announce such news on stage is terrible. How could I love those same boys?

Having nowhere else to go, I ended up entering the same pub as all the other times I was in distress; this time by far being the worst. I decided to order a stronger beverage this time, seeing as I had nothing to lose at that point. Walking over to the group of men, they cheered and excitedly called my name.

"Michael," one man I recognised said. I never learnt any of their names, despite them knowing mine. "What's the problem this time?" The guy seemed cheery, excited to listen to my complaints.

"All three boys announced to our fans I'm a cheater."

"Harsh." Another man said. I nodded in response. "Would that boy over there happen to be one of them?"

I peered around to where the man pointed, spotting Luke. The blonde was looking around, and stopped when we locked eyes. He started running in my direction, and I attempted to hide but to no avail. He had me wrapped in his arms. "Michael, there you are."

"Get off me," I mumbled before pushing him off. How could he act like nothing happened?

"Look,"

"Don't look me, Luke. You practically ruined us for good, so don't go and act all innocent again. This time you fucked up." I scoffed in annoyance, earning a dramatic hum come from the group of drunk men.

"Don't be like this,"

"Reacting exactly how one should when taken advantage of?"

"It was Ashton-"

"Don't blame it on him, you were equally bad." I'd had a enough of Luke already, so before I walked away, I picked up a shot glass. A strong one. I was unaware that it was not my drink, so I chugged it back. A moment passed before I fell to the floor choking over how strong it was.

Luke noticed, and quickly grabbed my shoulders before I fell down head first. "Shit, careful."

"You have no right to care for me," I spluttered, still recovering from the burn in my throat.

Before I blacked out, the last thing I saw was a frightened Luke trying to lift me up.

**

Due to a banging headache, I decided not to open my eyes after waking up. A few more hours in bed wouldn't hurt. With no memory of the previous night, I was left confused over how I got into bed. In the past I drank no more than a light beer, so the strength of that glass came as a shock.

"He looks so pretty when he sleeps," I heard a voice say. I recognised it as Calum's.

"You're right, it just makes me want to cuddle him more." Ashton said. I decided to keep this sleep act a little longer to listen to them.

"Like a sleepy angel." Luke replied. I could hear the soppiness in his voice.

"It's a shame he's a dick when he's awake." Calum said, earning an agreeing hum come from the other two boys.

"But we still love him," Luke never changed his constant need to support me no matter what.

"But he loves you." I heard Ashton speak, "you're his favourite. Calum and I will never get the sleepy boy back in our arms, so take advantage of it."

My breath hitched. They still like me? They're discussing how they like me. The fact lead me to wonder how long they had admired me in my sleep, or whether they suddenly felt sympathy after last night. "Not anymore, though. He hates us for what we did, and I doubt we'll ever be forgiven, because we don't deserve it."

The three boys sighed. Every morning I woke up thinking they hated every part of me. I knew the feeling of not being forgiven only too well; the regret eating you alive and the pure fact there's nothing you can change. "I don't hate you," I mumbled into my pillow. My eyes were still shut, trying to avoid making my headache worse.

The room was silent for three long seconds. The realisation of me listening to the boys converse about their infatuation for me sinking in. "Michael, you're awake early." Ashton stated.

"I've been awake for a while." I finally opened my eyes and turned towards Ashton, who's face was a light shade of pink. I grinned teasingly, "you're not mad at me?"

"Of course I am."

"But you want to cuddle me." I confirmed. Ashton paused, hesitant over what to say. The tension in the room was unbearable, and for the first time since last night, I felt no need to be furious. We had all acted terribly, but we felt equally terrible, right? The first thing the band needed to stop this terrible cycle was forgiveness, so that was what I intended to bring. Considering my headache, I sat up slowly and relaxed onto the bed's head rest. I opened my arms wide, allowing my face to fall. "Please just hug me."

It was evident the three boys also felt emotional, on top of guilty, yet they still hesitated. It was Luke to jump onto me first, clinging on for dear life. Not long passed before the four of us lay on my bed, sitting in comfortable silence. "I'm sorry about telling everyone you're a cheat." Luke said.

Finally, after weeks of not being able to apologise truly over my actions, I did it. "I'm sorry about being a cheat."

--
Hi two things, firstly I've seen a lot of people to this so I'm doing a character ask. :) If you want to ask a question, highlight the name of the character if you're on your phone or if not comment the name and then your question.

-Michael
-Calum
-Luke
-Ashton
-Group of men from the bar (idk I guess they're part of it)
-Celia the author
So yeah please ask away!!

ALSO
You guys gave me really nice feedback on my new story idea so I've posted the prologue! It's called 'Crown Jewels' so if you're interested please check it out and let me know what you think, thanks :)
(P. S. There may or may not be smut in the next chapter)
-Celia