Chapter 3

Shin-ae sat at the small desk working efficiently on the small task given to her.  Her mind was stuck on the small paper for 20 minutes before she even had another thought.

She began to think of how she needs to make up for all the work she had missed in the past 10 months.  To be completely honest,  it was a simple task.  Shin-ae had finished at least 10 minutes ago,  yet all she could think about was the paper. 

"Ugh." She wrinkled her nose as she thought about how she had just sat down for 20 minutes doing a simple task. 

Then something snapped.  Her brain went back to the incident only a half a hour earlier. 

Wait.  Is he really sick?  I mean,  he is like never around anyone... Ever...  So...  How could he have gotten sick?  Although concerned,  she tried her best not to feel concerned.  Ah,  he must be fine.  I think I heard somewhere that you could get sick from over working yourself.  Must be that.  She came to a conclusion.

I mean,  isn't the Hirahara corp anniversary coming up?  He must be very stressed trying to work that out.  He expected to do that all by himself? 

She silently laughed to herself.

Of course he did,  why would he share such important matters with his staff.  She decided she would try and talk him into letting her do some work. 

"Ughhhhh." She groaned.

She needs to stop thinking about what's best for him.  He is not a baby,  he is a groan man.  She snickered at the thought of calling Kousuke a man,  but decided it was the closest thing. 

Or,  maybe a grown Q-tip....  Grown Q-tip,  with a stick up his a$* half the time.  Yeah,  seems to fit pretty well. 

She chuckled,  this time out loud.

"What's so funny Miss Yoo?" She had completely muted out the sound of the door opening, but she heard the voice.

She looked up from her desk to meet the gaze of the dark haired man in front of her.

"Nothing,  just thinking.  Here. " She held out the paper she had finished earlier. 

"Hmm. Okay. " Kousuke said.  She had gotten pretty used to not getting thank yous from him.  She roles her eyes at the thought.  I bet you he didn't even have it in his verbal dictionary.  Thinking on it,  she came to the conclusion that he had probably never said it before.  Although it was highly unlikely.

"Oh- isn't the anniversary of the company coming up? " She said,  trying her best to act like it just popped into her mind.  Even though for the past 5 minutes she had been thinking about it.

"Yes." Kousuke said while turning back to his desk. "Why?" He said somewhat irritated.

Ah,  I must be interrupting his work.

"Eh,  never mind.  I'll ask later.  You continue.  I got a e-mail that I was to help a new co-worker around. " Shin-ae said while gathering a small pile of papers.  (A map of the building and a list of cubicals with names by them.) 

"Why would you do that? " He said in a confused tone.

"I'm the only one who can give you orders. " He glared down at her.

"Well,  it doesn't seem like I have anything better to do.  And I'm going to assume the papers on your desk are highly important.  Don't want to disturb you while you work. " Shin-ae said while turning around to leave.

"You already had disturbed my work. " He muttered under his breath. Immediately taking it back.  She hadn't disturbed him,  just took him off guard...

Shin-ae slowly close the door with a soft click and began to silently stride to a few doors down.  Or,  to be more specific,  to Yeong-gi Hirahara's office.

He had been appointed here for the sake of doing lesser important things then Kousuke.  Of course still important,  he was still the son of Mr. Hirahara,  or well the Chairman. Sometimes Nol was also there to  notify shin-ae on a small job to do.  Saying,  Kousuke didn't give her much work.

A familiar warm hearted voice came from inside the room once she knocked.

"Come in. " A muffled voice said.

Shin-ae opened the door slowly and stepped inside. 

"Hello! " She said with a small bow.  She had become much more polite over the past few years of working here. 

"Shin-ae!  It's so good to see you back!!! " Nol said with a wide grin.  They had talked over the past months,  but hadn't seen each other.  Nol was honestly like a brother to Shin-ae,  not seeing him for so long sucked. 

They embraced in a hug and then met eyes.

"Have you grown taller? " Nol said after studying her.

"Of course not.  You just shrunk. " She giggled.

He looked down at himself.  He felt the same... Wait-

"You are way to gullible Nol. " She smiled.

"Hey!  That's not fair I thought we promised not to lie to each other." He said,  also giggling.

"Oh,  it's not a lie. It's just a assumption. " They began to laugh.

"Oh!  Before I forget,  you said there was someone for me to show around? " Shin-ae glanced around the room.  No one else was there.  Maybe they would be there soon.

"Oh,  heh no.  I just wanted to give you a excuse to leave Kousukes office for a little.  You know how he is when he is very very focused on work. " He said with a wide grin.

"Ah... Yes. " Shin-ae said abruptly.  Nodding.

"Although I'm pretty sure he is sick... " Shin-ae said calmly.

"And why is that? " Nol said his grin turning into a smirk.  He had a idea of to where this may be going.

"He was stumbling over his words earlier and was very red.  I have never seen him like that before.  So maybe he has a fever? " Shin-ae looked up and met Nol's mischievous green eyes. His smirk deepend and he held back a laugh.

Trying his best to keep a poker face,  he said- "Oh,  maybe.  You know,  *snort* over working yourself can lead to sickness. "

Although that's what he said,  he knew very well why his brother had acted like that.

"Well,  once he came back from getting coffee,  he seemed fine.  I'm guessing he was just tried or maybe he just didn't feel good.  Fresh air probably did him pretty well. " She tapped a finger on her chin lightly.  Come to think of it,  he seemed a little odd when he came back too.  He didn't even ask her to do anything else.  She had seen the huge stack on different papers on his desk,  surley she could have done some of them.

"Well,  how about we go grab something too eat?  Kousuke won't mind if he knows it's me who asked. " Nol smiled.  A wide smile,  showing most of his teeth in the process.

Shin-ae smiled back.

"Sounds Fun. "

^^

AHHHH!  I don't think anyone has found my account yet,  but I still have so much fun making these.  I might be updating daily for awhile.  I get bored at home heheheheheheheheheheeheehh.
See y'all next time for chapter 3!!!