Chapter 4

^^Time Skip

During the little meal they had,  Nol and Shin-ae catched up with all of thing that had happened in the hectic couple months. 

She explained her fathers health,  and how things had gone down at the house.  She talked about the daily tasks of medicine and other highly important treatment Shin-ae had to do.  Although he was in better shape then when he first entered the hospital,  he still was nowhere near healthy.  It broke Shin-ae's heart,  but it felt good to share it with a close friend.

Nol listened intently to everything she had to say.  Often nodding or raising his eyebrows.  He gave small advice,  although he knew little to nothing about this,  he just wanted to make her feel more comfortable,  or that she would have someone to talk to. 

Afterwards,  Shin-ae had looked down.  Although she felt better,  she didn't like bringing people into her personal problems.  But she trusted Nol to keep this information to himslef. He wouldn't force her to go on into detail,  or try to step in and help.  He understood that she disliked that. 

They sat silenly for a few moments.  Although the silence between them seemed to engulf her and crush her. 

She decided it had been enough and tried to start a new conversation.

"Well, " She cleared her throat.  "Enough about me,  how have the past months been for you? " She asked whith a crooked smile.  She simply lifted her hand and indicated him with a small little shake.

"Uh,  you know.  The usual.  Wake up,  work,  eat,  work,  home,  eat,  and sleep.  Pretty much that everyday.  So,  honestly boring.  Although.. " He held that in the air for a few moments.  Shin-ae thought he was going to go on about Kousuke,  she sat patiently while he eyed her with a mischievous grin.

"Dieter has been wondering how you've been. " She was taken aback by this comment.  She hadn't heard from Dieter for at least a year. 

"How do you know? "

She was highly confused.  Dieter had left for Germany a year previously.  It was sad to see him go.  Although she would never develop feelings for him,  she did take him as a very close friend.  Before he left they had become much closer.  Seeing him leave was dark and upsetting.  They had lost communication when Dieter got a new German phone number.  He hadn't talked to her since.

"You tell me. " He said with his grin almost reaching ear to ear.  His eyes were filled with mischiev and interest.

Shin-ae looked around with complete confusion painted all over there face.

That's when she spotted him.

Across the room was a pale tall man with pure blonde hair. He was at the front ordering something.

He hadn't seemed to notice that Shin-ae and Nol were there yet. 

Shin-ae watched him nod a few times then turn around.

His piercing ocean blue eyes scanned the room.  Then their eyes met.

"Sh-shin-a-" He got no farther.

Shin-ae blundered over to him throwing her arms around him.

"AH!  You are finally back!  Do you understand how worried I was??  Not one word for a whole year??  Are you insane!!!" She rambled on for a minute or two about Dieter being a idiot for not telling her anything.

She pulled back.

"Oh sorry. " She said with a grin while she faced the completely still figure in front of her. "Didn't mean to startle you! " She giggled as she looked up at the completely surprised man in front of her.