[Chapter 1] Going Back Home

Hi hi hiiii!!!! So I'm now the co writer of this lovely book. My name is Pleng and my Wattpad account is pleng28541. Anyways I won the contest and I decided to do a book collab! Anyways lets get started!

-Heather's POV-

"Joey! " I screamed, running to hug him. I could hear Ian's voice shouting from the phone but I just ignored him

"I missed you so much," He said as he hugged me tightly back.

"Me too...." I buried my face into his shoulder.

"So Anthony...he left?" Joey asked still embracing me.

"Yeah," I mumbled into his shirt, "And all he left was a note." I could feel the tears starting to form in my eyes again.

"What a douchebag," Joey retorted, shaking with rage.

"I know, right. I wish you were my boyfriend." I remarked jokingly, stepping out of the embrace so I could see his face.

"I could be your boyfriend if you wanted me to, but....." Joey replied, taking what I said seriously.

I chuckled, "I wish. But...right now I don't think I can jump into another relationship. I'm just not ready, you know?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Well, boyfriend or not, I'm going to take you home with me. I think the best thing for you to do is to get away from all this."

“Joey…I can't thank you enough!" I turned around to go pack my things when a question came to midn. "Wait...why are you doing this?” I asked, turning back around.

“Heather, I know this is a really bad time but…you know what happened in college. I’ve liked you ever since, and just seeing you like this...it makes me so angry. I really want to be with you, but If you don’t want to be with me, I understand. I’ll still do anything for you.” Joey took a step forward and slipped his hand underneath my jawline, looking directly into my eyes.

All of a sudden, the idea of being with Joey seemed like the greatest idea. But I quickly disproved it. It would look bad and it would all move too fast. And I still loved Anthony, even though he had to leave me to be with that fiance of his. I can't even remember her name. But it wouldn't matter. Even if we did get back together, how would I know he wouldn't go see her again?

“Heather. Heather!” Joey said, shaking me.

“What? Oh, sorry I just zoned out for a bit,” I replied sheepishly, scratching behind my neck.

“It’s fine. I’ll help you pack, 'kay?” He grinned.

“Okay.” I said, guiding him upstairs before remembering I still was on the call with Ian. I gasped and told him I'd be right there. That the bedroom was the second door on the right. He nodded his head in understanding and walked down the hallway, I rushed downstairs and picked my phone up from the table it was lying on. I put it up to my ear. "Ian?" I asked, making sure he was still there.

"Heather?" His voice emanated on the other end of the line.

"Hey, we'll talk later, alright? I have to go somewhere," I told him, not even waiting for a response before hanging up. I took in a deep breath, slipping my phone into my jeans pocket and running upstairs to meet Joey in my bedroom. I immediately joined in and started to fold my clothes neatly. Surprisingly, I was handling this move really easily. I think Joey was right. Going back home was the best thing I could do right now, even though I know I would be stressed the whole time thinking about Anthony.

*****

“I think that’s all of it.” I remarked with a sigh, grabbing the last box and carrying it to Joey's car.

“You seem so calm about this whole situation,” Joey commented, analyzing my face for any emotions.

“Well, I mean, I don’t want to take it all out on you. Because then I would just unleash everything at once, and you would probably die in seconds.” I replied, half-serious.

“Oh! I prefer you being calm then.” He retored, a smile creeping on his face. I rolled my eyes.

The two of us got in the car and drove off. An awkward silence fell over the car and stayed there for a good ten minutes or so. I couldn't take it anymore and turned on the radio. All the songs they played were about break-ups and how people get hurt. I tried not to think about it, but the silence gave me a perfect opporunity to really listen to the lyrics. And after two songs, tears started flowing out of my eyes. Joey was too focused on the road to realize I was crying. I really had to blow my nose but I didn’t want Joey to know that I was crying.

“Hell, he’s gonna know anyways,” I murmured under my breath.

“What did you say?” Joey asked, glancing over at me briefly before returning his attention to the road.

"Nothing," I mumbled, extended my hand out and turned off the radio. I sniffled.

"Are you okay?" He inquired, though his question was stupid. Obviously I wasn't okay.

"I just really hate the radio sometimes," I crossed my arms over my chest and looked out the window. My eyes were sore from crying. I couldn't stand the stuffiness in my nose anymore, so I opened the glove compartment, pulled out one of the many napkins he had shoved in there (something I learned he had back in college), and blew hard into the napkin.

“Wow. Good blow.” Joey remarked playfully, the corner of his lips curling up into a smirk.

“Ew.” I said scrunching up my nose and crumpling up the napkin, shoving it in my sweatshirt pocket.

I heaved a sigh and leaned back into my seat. It felt like years since I cuddled up with Anthony. I missed him so much. But he lied to me. He was cheating on me. But I still wish I could just crawl back to him and lay in his arms once again. It was so painful to go back to the place where everything started. Going to back to my mother and friends…I haven't seen them in months. But I wanted someone beside me to help me. And right now, that someone happened to be Joey. He was always there for me. All throughout our friendship.

“I’m really not looking forward to seeing my mom," I blurted out kind of spontaneously. Mostly to break the silence that once again fell over the car. "I just wish Anthony could be here right now.” I swallowed hard.

I watched as his knuckles turned white - his grip on the steering wheel tightening. "Why do you still want to be with that idiot after what he did to you?" He said angrily, "Why!?!"

I bit my lip and hung my head, the tears that had dried up started up once again. I

“Oh shit. I’m so sorry H," That was his nickname for me. I don't know why. It just was. "I didn’t mean it like that. I was just...so mad at Anthony...for what he did to you. I just know that you deserve better," He took his right hand off of the steering wheel and placed it on my thigh, squeezing it gently, "You know, he told me he liked you. Wanted to take you back to his home. Introduce you to that fiance of his. I bet you didn't even know he had one." I looked over at him and saw him staring out at the road. "I knew it was only going to cause trouble."

"Why-" I began to say when he cut me off, his words sharp and harsh.

"I just wish you would forget that bastard and move on with your life.”

“But I love him," I argued, pulling my knees into my chest (which was a little difficult because I was in a car), "I just...I couldn't take it anymore. He...he FREAKING LIED TO ME!" I screamed, covering my face with my hands. Tears still streaming down my face.

He just sat there quietly, expecting for another outburst, but that was all I had. I wasn’t as angry as I was sad. Frustrated and sad. There was no point of crying, because it wouldn’t bring him back. Thinking of his name hurts so bad and it just feels horrible. Not even Joey and his fun and loving personality could help the pain go away.

I just don’t want to move on anymore. I can’t get over Anthony. I don't want to get over him. I mean I don’t want anything from Kalel, but she stole him from me. She deserves to- No. No. I'm not going through this again. I just can't. JUST NO. I had to get my mind off of this. So I stared out the window and began to wonder what he must be doing right now...