[Chapter 6] Ms. Mystery

-Ian's POV-

I knew Kalel didn't love me but I had to try to win her back. Anthony always leaves her like this, and she breaks bit by bit. I absolutely hate him right now, but for her sake I had to be nice. Anthony kept stealing everything from me and I despised that. I turned to Kalel and I watched her shake on her bed while rubbing her belly. She's been pregnant for about 5 months now and I haven't done a damn thing to make me prove myself as a father. I know that I'm not close to ready but I would never admit that.

"Stop sulking and go eat, the baby needs food," I growled at her, instantly regretting it.

"O-okay..." She mumbled before heading to the kitchen and grabbing a piece of cake.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you or seem mean. I just want what's best for the baby and you," I sighed before glancing at her.

She just nodded and acted like she wasn't affected by what I said at all, but I knew she was hurt. I wish I could calm myself down, but it's no use. I don't know what she wants anymore.

"Do you love me?" She asked quietly.

"Of course!" I exclaimed.

"Well stop, I'll only hurt you. I can't love anyone else, Ian," That anyone else being Anthony, "I'm so sorry. I can't help it!" She sobbed on my shoulder.

"It's not like I can't help falling in love with you either. Kalel," I heaved a sigh.

"I-I-I don't have anyone to love right now. I tried loving you and now look at how that's ended. I tried loving Anthony, but he left. I don't know if I can take it anymore. It's so hopeless but I still love him, because he was the first person to actually be there for me," Kalel cried out before looking into my eyes.

I felt my heart race, just like every time she looked into my eyes. It made me feel so weak when she could melt my heart like this... Oh god, I sound like a girl. I can't stop myself but I need to let this out of me. I leaned in and pressed my lips against her dry ones. She just stood still and I tried to move my lips to engage her into the kiss, but she didn't move an inch. I pulled away furiously. I tried to read her eyes but my own hate pushed all my other thoughts out.

"I've given EVERYTHING I can to you, and only you," I yelled at her.

"You have to give some part of yourself to you too! Not just to me, it doesn't help if you torture yourself just for me. I can't keep putting both of us through this. I think I need to be alone right now, Ian," She retorted, biting her bottom lip.

"FINE!" I shouted, storming out of our house.

I regretted stomping out like that but she wanted to be "alone", so I gave it to her.

My heart at this point was completely shattered in a million pieces. I felt so depressed, and maybe it is Kalel's fault. I had to do all the hard work to protect her from the truth or negative thoughts and I can't just throw that away. I felt like I was a lost puppy and Kalel was guiding me. I used to be a lion and now I'm just...an emotional puppy.

I wish the world wasn't so harsh, so at least people who love have a sixty percent chance in surviving "life".

"Ian! Wait!" Kalel called out, making my eyes light up. I swished my head sideways to look at her. "You left your phone," She told me, pursing her lips.

"Thanks," I muttered as I got my phone from her hands.

I got into my car and started driving. I didn't know where I would go, but I knew it was essential to get away from Kalel.

I couldn't stand getting hurt anymore, so I decided to be stupid for once. I pulled up at a bar and parked my car, before getting out and strolling inside. The music was blaring and the floors were shaking. People were either drinking or dancing.