Chapter Two

I woke up the next morning and sighed. I didn't wanna get up but I wanted to get out of here for a bit. I don't think Tony would let me though. I sighed again and got up. I went to my dresser and pull out my black jeans and my black tee-shirt and blue flannel. I got dressed, threw on my black high top vans and went downstairs.

"Good morning James." I heard as I got to the living room. I looked and saw Tony sitting on the couch. "Hi." I replied. "Would you like some breakfast?" He asked and stood up. "Um no thanks. I'm just gonna go for a walk." I said and went to leave. "Nope, you're staying here." Tony said. I turned to him with a groan. "But I want to go out! I can leave if I want to!" I said and crossed my arms. He raised his eyebrows at me and crossed his arms as well. "I won't tell you again, James. You are not going outside today. We have something to do today." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't care! I can leave if I want to!" I said and turned to leave. "Julian Peter!" I froze. My father would call my Julian when he was angry. I silently gulped before turning to face him. "When I tell you something, you listen." He said stern. I looked down before sighing and running back up to my room. "James!" He called for me. I got to my room and closed the door. I grabbed my journal and pencil and sat on the floor in front of my bed. I continued what I started last night to help me calm down.

I heard a knock on the door and I closed my notebook before sliding it under my bed. "Come in." I said. The door then opened and Tony walked in. "Hey, you alright?" He asked. I looked away before nodding and looking back at him. He nodded and walked over to me. He sat on the floor in front of me and I looked down. "I'm sorry." He said causing me to look up. "I shouldn't have called you Julian. I know you're father used to call you that and you don't like it." He said. I looked back down at my hands and started to pick my fingernails.

"We have people coming over I want you to meet!" He said. I glanced up at him. "I don't wanna meet anyone." I mumbled as I looked back down. I heard him sigh. "I know you don't but it's important that you meet them." He said. I sighed and pulled my knees to my chest and rested my right arm across my legs and my chin on my arm. "When do I have to meet them?" I asked him. He looked at his watch. "They should be here in about ten minutes." He said and looked back at me. I let out an sigh through my nose and closed my eyes. I'm not good with meeting new people.

I think Tony could sense I was getting upset because I felt a hand rub my shoulder. "Hey, it'll be alright. I'll be with you the whole time." He assured. I opened my eyes and looked at him. I nodded a bit and he smiled. "Let's go downstairs." He said and stood up. I followed pursuit, grabbing my notebook and pencils in the process. I followed him out of my room and downstairs. We got downstairs right when the elevator dinged and opened. Then, four people stepped out. Four men and a woman. I kept my head down. I'm not to comfortable with women after how my mother always treated me.

"James, this is Steve, Bucky, Bruce, and Natasha." Tony said and put his hand on my shoulder. "Hi." I said softly. I could feel their eyes on me. "Hey kiddo, my name's Steve." The tall one with dirty blonde hair said, stepping closer to me. "James." I said and glanced up at him. We made eye contact and he smiled. I smiled a small one in return. "I'm Bruce." The man with brown curly hair, like Tony's, said. I nodded at him. "I'm Bucky." The man with long raven brown hair and a metal arm said. I like him. I, for some reason, feel safe near him. "And I'm Natasha." The woman said with a kind smile. I smiled a small brief smile at her before looking away. She was really pretty that's for sure.

"So how about we all get to know each other. I'm sure they would love to learn about what you like to do and I would be very interested to hear about you!" Tony said with a smile as he looked at me. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. He looked at me concerned before I shook my head no and looked back down. "Jamie, what's wrong?" Tony asked. I shook my head no and closed my eyes to keep the tears from falling. "Alright, I wanna have a talk with you real quick." He told me and put his arm around me. "We'll be right back!" Tony said the them before leading me out of the room. We went upstairs to my room and he closed the door. "Jamie, what's wrong?" He asked me.