Chapter Three

We all went downstairs and started walking in the direction of the ice cream shop. As we were walking, I felt an arm around my shoulders. I looked up and saw Bucky. He looked down at me and smiled making me return it. "I heard your birthday is coming up." He said. I looked at him confused. How did he know my birthday was coming up? I wasn't a question they asked.

"How do you know my birthday?" I asked causing him to smirk at me. "Your father is the smartest and richest man in New York. It's not that hard for him to find out whatever information he wants." He laughed at the end. Well he's not wrong so I just shrugged. "So what do you want for your birthday?" He asked me. "Nothing." I said making him scoff at me. "Yeah right!" He said as we made it to the ice cream shop. We walked in and ordered. I got my favorite, chocolate chip cookie dough in a waffle cone.

"So, really, what do you want for your birthday?" Bucky asked as he took a bite of his vanilla ice cream. I shrugged. "I don't know. A guitar of my own or something music related." I said. "Hmm, if you could get an an instrument, what would you want?" He asked taking a bite of his cone. "An acoustic-electric guitar or a ukulele or maybe a violin." I said taking a few bites of my ice cream. He nodded and ate his as well. As we were eating in peace I felt a hand slap my head. I groaned and grabbed the back of my head and look at who it was.

My eyes widened and my smile grew. "Josh!" I said happily and jumped into my cousins arm. Sure he's only four years older but I'm a very small kid. "What are you doing here?" Josh asked as he held me close. "I got adopted." I muttered and laid my head on his shoulder. I heard him hum as he rubbed his back. "Joshua! Long time no see!" I heard Tony. "Hey Mister Stark." Josh replied before I felt him shake Tonys hand. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "I uh I work here now." Josh said to him and cleared his throat half way through his sentence. "That's great Josh! I'm proud of you!" Tony said with pride.

"So how do you know James?" Tony asked. "Oh he's my baby cousin!" Josh replied and lifted up.  "Josh!" I whined making him only chuckle. "Really? I didn't know that!" Tony said. "How do you know Jamie?" Josh asked and rubbed my back. "I adopted him." Tony told him. "Julian Peter James got adopted by the Tony Stark! Well, looky there!" Josh teased and pinched my butt a little. "Joshua stop!" I whined and tried to get down. "Has he been In any trouble yet?" Josh asked, completely ignoring me. "Not yet, he's gotten close." Tony told him.

"Josh." I said getting him to look at me. "May you please put me down?" I asked. He smiled. "Thank you asking!" He said and kissed my cheek causing me to groan before he put me down. "Jerk." I muttered and crossed my arms before walking away. "Hey!" I heard Tony say. I rolled my eyes and turned around. "What?" I asked with a groan. He raised a single eye brow at me. "Sir?" I corrected myself. "Don't be rude, he was just playing with you." He said. I rolled my eyes. "And quit rolling your eyes." He warned. I just glared at him through my eye lashes.

"Do we need to have a chat in the bathroom?" He asked quietly but stern. I saw Josh visibly flinch, scaring me a little. "Hey, Jay Jay, take my advise and please me good!" He begged. I looked at him. "Coming from experience, please." He said softly. I looked at him and tears started to come to my eyes. Josh saw and let out a soft and sad sigh before walking over to me, making me take a step back out of habit.

"Jamie, shh. It's okay. He's not Paul and he's not Margot. He's Tony, he's here to help you not hurt you." He said softly. I sniffled as a tear fell and I hugged Josh. He let out a small sigh of relief as he hugged me close. I'm glad he could sense a panic attack before they start. He held me and shushed me softly. "Okay? Why don't you actually hang out with Tony and get to know him more. I know how you push people away. I promise, he's nothing like Paul and Margot." He said softly in my ear. He pulled away and wiped the tear off my cheek. "I promise." He said softly. I looked down before nodding softly. "Good boy." He said and kissed my head. "I've gotta get back to work! You be good alright!" He said and stood up. "Bye Tony. Bucky, Bruce, Steve, Nat, good to see you all again." Josh said before leaving.