Distractingly Busy

Today

It was daytime so I was laying in bed when my alarm went "Rory, Angel, your alarm is going which means you need to get up" I could feel Raphael smirking behind me "I don't want to Raphael, it's too warm and cozy" I was suddenly without covers so I curled up tightly "you have groceries to collect and a job to do, don't make me force you out of bed Angel" by job, he means I got a crappy opportunity to make a little money as a waitress in a retro dinner, and I'd put in an order for animal blood from the butchers.

I rolled over and gave him puppy dog eyes "pwease baby, five more minutes" he laughed a little and got on the bed crawling on top of me "you know I can't resist that face Angel" I giggled and kissed him desperately, we kept kissing "Alright, alright. I'm going" he held my waist and smirked " you said five more minutes" I rolled onto him pinning him to the bed.

"Raph, I'm gonna lose my job!" He ran his fangs down my shoulders "you hate that place, where would you rather be? Here with me,or there serving people who are unworthy of your beauty?" His hands ran onto my hips, we were getting heated when my la...

"Raph, I'm gonna lose my job!" He ran his fangs down my shoulders "you hate that place, where would you rather be? Here with me,or there serving people who are unworthy of your beauty?" His hands ran onto my hips, we were getting heated when my laptop spoke announcing I had a call incoming "I told you that witch would call" I stared annoyingly at the screen reading 'Mama Sofia' who was my adopted mother from Spain "She's your mother Rory, be nice" I rolled off of him "I don't have to because your going to take the call and I'm going to get ready to leave"

I scuttled off to the bathroom before I could hear him argue back, we both found my mother's timing horribly bad as she'd always call when I was at work or at three am because of the five hour time difference "Rory! She's your relative" I took a quick shower then dashed out in a towel to my closet grabbing my waitress uniform and heels "Estoy ocupado, Raphael, ¿no puedes hacerlo esta vez? ¿para mi? (I'm busy Raphael, can't you do it this once? For me?)" I heard him answer the call "Buenos días Sofía, ¿cómo estás? (Good morning Sofia, how are you doing?)" I got dressed and did my morning makeup, then walked out and rested on the back of Rapheal's chair.

"¡Ah mi niña, tengo noticias para ti!(Ah my baby girl, do I have news for you!)" I massaged Raph's shoudlers and put on a fake smiling knowing whenever Ma said something was good news, it was bad news "¿tú lo haces? eso es maravilloso mamá!( you do? That's wonderful mama!)" Raph rubbed my hand smiling at my mother's face, she was a warlock but I never told her what I was or my sister, I just worked it out because I smelled all the disgusting ingredients like wolf's tongue or vampire blood. As far as she knew, I was a normal human girl living with my normal human boyfriend in New York.

"¡hago! ¡Tu hermanita Cassandra viene a vivir a Nueva York contigo! no es eso genial?(I do! Your little sister Cassandra is coming to live in New York with you! Isn't that great?)" inside I was crying and screaming, but I smiled and nodded clenching my jaw, my sister was a typical tourist when it came to new places, she would also want to be extremely involved in my life, my boyfriend, a key to my home, my schedule of my day, everything.

"Eso es maravilloso Mama! simplemente maravilloso. (that's just wonderful mama! Just wonderful.)" Raphael shot me a look warning me to 'be nice' and I placed my hand in his and glanced at the clock, I was already half an hour late "Oh dios mío, me tengo que ir! ¡Llego tarde al trabajo! (Oh god mama, I've gotta go! I'm late for work!)" she opened her mouth to speak again but I slammed down the laptop screen. "This isn't over Aurora" I kissed him goodbye "it never is, that's what makes it exciting to come home to you"

I was about to walk out the door with my shoulder bag when he grabbed my waist "I'll see you later, ok?" I wrapped my arms around his neck "ok, I'll be home by dark. I love you" I sprinted out the door and down the street to the dinner wrapping my apron around my waist "Your late Audrey!" I put my hands on the desk, Hank never got my name right, it was either 'Audrey' or 'Roxie' but he didn't seem to care.

"I'm so sorry sir, I'll make it up to you, swear" I was scared of what he'd make me do in order to get back on his good side "Someone has to work two extra hours today, I hadn't decided yet but it seemed you just volunteered yourself Ms

"I'm so sorry sir, I'll make it up to you, swear" I was scared of what he'd make me do in order to get back on his good side "Someone has to work two extra hours today, I hadn't decided yet but it seemed you just volunteered yourself Ms...Ms..." I smiled at the chance to say my actual name "Aurora Mary sir but most people call me Rory" I didn't like the idea of two extra hours because that was past dark and Raphael would worry and i didn't like him worrying.

I started my shift by serving a table of rowdy men "Good morning guys, what I get you today?" The closest one snakes his arm around my ass and tried to pull me onto his lap "Well sweetheart, why don't you and my boys come back to my place and we can discuss it while you scream my name, 'Aurora'" I stepped away "what can I get you fellas?" After many attempts of flirting, they ordered coffee and eggs. I gave the note to the chef and endured their wolf whistling and cat calling until their order was ready.

I took the order over to their table "I'll make it the best time of your life 'Aurora'" I stepped back again "I have a boyfriend, and he knows I don't answer to 'Aurora' by strangers" I walked back to the counter and zoned out all the sounds until I heard someone knock on the dinner door, I looked up to see Cassie stood there giving me an insulting stare "Mama said you had a good job?"

I scoffed and gave her a table "Mama thinks community service is a godly thing" she nodded "so yea, I'm a waitress in Retro 520 Diner and a loving boyfriend who worries too much and I'm working two hours later tonight" I got her waffles which were on the house "what's his name?" I slipped in across from her "Raphael, Raphael Santiago. He worries if I'm home a few minutes late, I was hoping in my break, I could call him and explain things" she ate the food "sounds sweet" I recognised the look on her face as that as an after affects of a horrific breakup

"Just tell me who the ass was and I'll kill him myself" she leaned forward grinning "his name was Jaime Fernandez, he cheated on me with his brother's lover, tried to suggest a threesome to make me feel better but I had enough so I moved here" I rubbed her hand and actually felt bad for her "You're my sister Cas, you're always welcome here" I got called up by the cook and served more tables until it was my break.

I tried calling Raph but something was wrong with the phone "it's a power cut 'Roxie', whole neighbourhood is out" I rested my head against the wall "Rory? Shouldn't you be calling Raphael?" I closed my eyes "the whole town is out of power and I left my phone at home" i hugged her and she helped me serve tables for the next few hours. By the time my extended shift was up, It was half seven and raining. I changed my clothes in the back of the diner and started the walk home then split ways with Cassie.