Love in the darkest of places

When I got home

I walked through the doors of the hotel dumort and heard feet shuffling everywhere, everyone was aware I wasn't supposed to be out after dark so they probably went to announce Raphael that I was home...late.

I walked into our floor to see him pacing with a scared look on his face "I'm sorry" he spun around and there was a sign of relief in his eyes "Do you know what time it is?! It's after dark Rory meaning you should of been home before that

I walked into our floor to see him pacing with a scared look on his face "I'm sorry" he spun around and there was a sign of relief in his eyes "Do you know what time it is?! It's after dark Rory meaning you should of been home before that. Are things between us ok? Cause I thought we were in a good place. Look at the clock, that's over two hours late and that tells me something is wrong, no phone calls, no nothing, just my girlfriend late home. Anything could of happened Aurora, you could've gotten attacked, kidnapped or even taken back to New Orleans. I don't want to lose you to Niklaus but I'm scared I'm going to. Are you hurt? What happened?" I dropped my bag on the floor and ran towards the vampire kissing him hard, at first he didn't know what to do with his hands then he put them on my cheeks cupping them.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned my forehead gently against his "because I was almost an hour late this morning, and he had a two hour opening, Hank gave it to me as a punishment for being late and I tried calling you in my break but there was a power cut and everything was down so I couldn't. I'm sorry I scared you but look! I'm not hurt or missing, I'm right here, with you" two vampires burst through the double doors causing us me to jump

"Boss? We got the mundane. Hello pretty little thing" I rolled my eyes until I realised Cassie could be that mundane "Wait! What gender is the mundane?" He turned around "none of your business missy" I showed him the tribrid eyes "answer the lady boys" they shrugged "Male, short, skinny, not your type" I sighed and saw Raphael nodding at them "Rory? What's goin' on?" I ran a hand through my hair "Cassie,my sister Mama Sofia was talking about, well she's human and I got scared th-" "no harms gonna come to your sister, I promise" he hugged me then left to find the boys. I hated the sound of a screaming mundane but they had their fun and I had mine.

I grabbed my phone and plugged in my earphones, put them both in my ears then opened up Spotify then choosing my playlist and clicking shuffle. I watched out the window as cars go by and the buildings flickered on and off as people left their offices for the night, some getting bitten by vampires and some being turned into werewolves but I knew I was one of the first of the tribrids. Since the day he found me shattered on the inside, he promised to never leave my side, first he was my leader, well after Camille, then he took a fancy and we got together and it's been that way ever since.

It just crossed my mind that I'd forgotten to pick up the blood. I used my vampire speed and ran to the butchers "hi so sorry I'm late, I was working. Do you still have the blood I ordered?" He nodded and came back out with a bin bag full of little bottles and bags of blood "thank you" I paid him and ran home before Raphael knew I was gone again. I dumped the bag on the floor and took my place at the window. I was so lost in the music I didn't hear him behind me.

I saw his hand pull the earplug from my ear and he put his head on my shoulder then hummed the song that was currently playing, he was perfectly in time because he could hear it but I turned around and pulled the other one out and gazed into his eyes "you didn't leave did you?" I shook my head, he knew full well that I was lying but he let me anyway "hm, could've sworn I heard the door open and close. Must've been one of the others" I smiled "must've been"

"You've still got a heart beat which sped up meaning your lying to me Aurora Mary, you gonna fess up or will I need to find out for myself?" He was gradually making me blush, while he spoke his hand was running up and down the top half of my leg "...

"You've still got a heart beat which sped up meaning your lying to me Aurora Mary, you gonna fess up or will I need to find out for myself?" He was gradually making me blush, while he spoke his hand was running up and down the top half of my leg "we wouldn't want that now would we?" I bit my lip shyly "what makes you think it was me? Could've been the mundane" his lips brushed against my neck softly "that mundane is a potential vampire toy for Camille, like you're my toy" 

I turned around and walked a little away "is that all I am to you? A toy to be played with?" I stepped back every time he took a step forward, we both knew I was just playing around. "You already know the answer to that Angel" I smirked as his hands snaked their way around my hips "is that so?" He nodded at me and pressed me against the wall "you know I've saved you many times after the first and your not like any other downworlder" I leaned close to his ear "that's because I'm not a downworlder. I'm a hybrid downworlder in love with the sexiest vampire in America working as a crappy waitress" his lips worked their magic on my neck again.

I remembered that I once tried to learn some magic spells to defend myself "I should probably get back to learning magic" I saw his fangs for a second and knew I was doing my job right "it's friday, we always go out on a friday" I kissed him gentl...

I remembered that I once tried to learn some magic spells to defend myself "I should probably get back to learning magic" I saw his fangs for a second and knew I was doing my job right "it's friday, we always go out on a friday" I kissed him gently "can I study after the pandemonium ?" He swayed me lightly "how do you know we're going to the pandemonium?" I put my hands on his pale cheeks "because the pandemonium is the only place we are free and safe to party, plus I know you want to see that warlock again" he gave me the playful 'don't you dare' look meaning I had to "I mean, c'mon, it's obvious you like him more than me so I won't get in your way" I walked away smirking knowing his next move.

As anticipated, I was allowed to go a few paces before being swept off my feet and being held bridal style with Raph staring at me and a stupid smirk was painted on his face "your not getting away that easily" I rolled my eyes and refused to look at him "c'mon baby, it's date night. Don't be like that" I jerked my head looking at him smiling "I was just thinking about what's the most revealing dress I can find? Who knows, might just go naked?" I kissed his neck "then we'll have the club to ourselves" I looked up and saw his fangs on a grin "then people would see what's mine"

We weren't agreeing on this, he knew i was kidding, we did this a lot, playfully agree on something crazy, he put me down and didn't let go of my hand as I walked to my closet until he really had to. It's then that I witnessed a rare sight, Raphael Santiago struggling to find the perfect suit, I knew how to turn tonight into a naughty fiasco.