The Reason (Backstory) Part 1

Trigger Warning. I don't want anyone to get hurt 💙

Hydra groaned into her pillow, the smell of her small house on the side of the forest reminded her of a long walk to the town... the town... people stared down upon her there... she hated it.

Hydra was educated. Her grandfather taught her how to read and write until she was eight and a half when he died. She was better off than many of the people in this town.

Hydra eventually got up from her bed and picked up her satchel placing it around her shoulder. She pulled the plaits out of her hair and combed through the messy brownish-red locks. She then pulled a small chunk of hair and split it in two, she plaited that half and moved to the other, tying the two together with a blue hair tie. She picked up her bright blue bandana, tilted her head upside down to make sure her hair was going to stay in place and tied it around her forehead.

Hydra looked at her guitar. The guitar her grandfather carved her before he died. She loved it. It was light, the natural colours of the tree it was made from made the colours change around the guitar from a very light colour to a slightly darker colour.

She went into the dining room. It was connected to the kitchen. Her mother wasn't there and neither was her father... well... sort of father.

The cabin was small. Very small but the family lived happily there, as little food as they had.

Hydra grabbed an apple from the table and set out into the morning. That was her meal for the day until night.

Christ... I should give one of my stories to my friend... mentor even... he is probably the only one that gets it ain't he? Hydra thought. making sure her quill and ink were neatly in the bag along with a scroll. She made her way through the village staring down at the floor so she didn't notice the people glaring at her. Staring down at her in disgust.

Yeah yeah, I'm a rape baby, fuck you too. Hydra thought hostilely hurrying down the wide street.

Yes, Hydra was a rape baby which means that her dad wasn't really her dad. She was someone else's kid. Someone who had the guts to hurt her mother. Her actual dad ran off never to be seen again. That was back in Scotland before they moved to Hydra assumed that he was dead. Hoped he was dead even. The people in the village saw her as disgusting and a waste of space. Hydra hated them just as much.

She didn't understand why she was hated so deeply. It wasn't even not socially acceptable to do it... just not here...

Soon she reached her friend's house. He was a grown man around twenty five, the stubble on his face and the deep circles around his eyes as if he hadn't slept in days. He was Hydra's only friend.

His name? Mr. Lockwood as most people referred to him. Christopher as she was his friend. He didn't look at her funny, he treated her as an equal.

Hydra knocked on his door and a faint "come in" was heard. Christopher's house was a lot bigger than her's. When she had run into him at the markets searching for something to take home for dinner (she was looking for someone to steal from which she had gotten good at through the years) he had given her the fruit from his tree out the back of his property. The food that he couldn't sell. They'd been friends ever since and her mentor.

"Hello Hydra." Christopher smiled. "Come sit, you have a lot to show me don't you? You have that little glint in your eye."

Hydra nodded placing her satchel down and pulled out her scroll passing it to her friend.

Two Hours Later

"Hydra, these are great don't get me wrong, there's just a few things we need to work on. Here, you see this full stop here? Replace it with a comma and get rid of the capital letter. See? You see the difference right?" Christopher grinned. He had always had a knack for teaching.

"Thank you Christopher. And sorry, my mistakes are stupid." Hydra apologised her Scottish accent lacing the emotions.

"Don't be sorry, you still need to learn these things."

"And where do I put this?" She gestured to the cup that once had tea inside.

"I'll fix it. Now you hurry home, I know what the people around here are like and remember what I told you."

"Thank you so much Christopher. Would you like some herbs from our garden?" Hydra offered.

"Yes actually... Basil and parsley... thank you very much."

Hydra took a few steps towards the door but then Christopher spoke again .

"I worry about you lass... you need to get out of here as soon as possible."

She nodded. "Goodbye."

Once outside, the fresh air hit her. Hydra smiled as she started walking home.

"Now Kyle!" A boy exclaimed from behind a house.

Two hands grabbed her shoulders and she was thrown to the ground, the force of the fall knocking her out.