The Reason (Backstory) Part 2

Hydra woke up. It hurt. Everything past her hips hurt. Everything ached and wherever she was, it stunk like the pigsties on the farming land. She spelt like sex. She felt disgusting.

Hydra opened her eyes and gasped when she saw cuts on her arms and when she touched her neck, dried blood could be felt. A few tears on her shirt and skirt. The two parts on her cloths that were low quality and not made to last. She'd have to find something new to wear... luckily she had a better skirt and shirt in her dresser but she didn't have anything else, meaning she'd have to either find or steal something new.

Hydra looked around the dimly lit room. It looked like an abandoned cabin from the sight. Some of the wood was rotting away but light was filtered in from the gaps in the wooden planks that covered the windows.

Hydra looked down, there was a small note on the floor, folded unevenly. She picked it up and opened up, the paper was creased. The writing inside looked like chicken scratch and the spelling was terrible. That's when Hydra realised that happened, as she read those words she felt tears form in her eyes. What those words were... they were going to be burned in her mind forever.

All of the shock hit Hydra like a hammer to the face. She leaped up from the floor, grabbed her satchel that was left on the floor along with her bandana which had been thrown across the room and ran. She smashed through the door of the abandoned cabin and stared around. Her village was seen through the trees. The more quiet side of town.

Hydra bolted towards her house, listening as the trees brushed up against one another in the wind. A storm was stirring but she couldn't go back home. Not right now anyway. She remembered a treehouse that her father built her when they first got to the village, back when she was young. Before anyone even knew that she was a rape baby. A disgrace on this society... she ran towards that instead.

The wind whipped Hydra's hair and threatened to pull her bandana off her head. The pain from her bruised and cut wrists was next to unbearable. Blood still oozed from the deeper wounds. She saw her treehouse just up ahead, at this point she'd been running for ten minutes, well away from the village. Once Hydra reached the stump of the tree, she stumbled and fell over, grazing her legs and hands. She curled her knees to her chest and started to sob.

I-I don't wan- no... can't take this anymore... I'm not facing this bullshit. Christopher was right... I need to get the hell out of this village. Hydra thought.

"YE FUCKIN' HEAR THAT YE ASSHOLES!" Hydra screamed at the sky. Her Scottish accent burned through her voice when she was angry. Anger blurred her vision but it was soon replaced by sadness. "I-I'm so a-al-lone." She whispered holding her bleeding wrist.

Time Skip

The sun was setting, the golden rays disappearing as the sky turned orange, pink and blue, Hydra got up from the ground and started walking home, rolling up the scroll that she was writing on and gently placing it in her satchel. Her legs felt numb and her thoughts completely blurred. She stumbled through the trees until she saw the light of her small home. Her mother waited outside a worried and terrified look written all over her face. Once she caught Hydra in her gaze she gasped at the sight.

"Hydra!" She exclaimed. "You're bleeding... get inside, I'll help you."

Hydra walked past her terrified mother, almost tripping over her own feet as she struggled through the door. The feeling of warmth filled her as she walked towards the fireplace and practically fell to her knees.

"What happened dear?" Hydra's mother asked.

"S-something terrifying..." Hydra stuttered. "I-I was made to h-have sex w-with somebody... I was unconscious."

Her father appeared from his bedroom shaking. He knew of what happened to Hydra's mother. "Who was it!" His face grew red and his jaw was clenched, his fists tight.

"I d-don't know!" Hydra exclaimed her eyes filling with tears again.

Her mother placed a warm cloth on the cuts which had stopped bleeding but needed tending to. Hydra hissed in pain but the stinging faded to a low throb. Her mother cleaned all of the cuts before taking off her blue jacket and red and black, checkered half skirt, leaving only her dirty white shirt and torn navy blue skirt.

"Your cloths..." Hydra's father muttered.

"I have spare in my room. Better quality too... my last trip to the market was eventful... I  made sure that no one knew who I was don't worry... if people are going to treat me like a pirate I will act like it."

Her parents mouths dropped open in shock and slight anger but they kept their calm nature. "Hydra, pirates get whipped if they are seen on land by anyone. We may be a small village but there are strong and terrifying people here. Do you know what they did to our town back in Scotland around three months after we ran away? They raided it. The damned pirates raided our town."

"Do ye see any whip lashes on me?" Hydra growled. "No. Because people jus treat me like a disgrace. I hate this town because of it. In fact I'll probably not even go anywhere near the town anymore. I'll take my stories to Christopher myself and that'll be it."

"You're lucky you have him you know? Without him you wouldn't be able to do what you can do. You're lucky he has kindness in his heart. Now please act more like a women and get that look of your face." Her mother gestured to her father. He nodded and went outside to fetch some herbs and things for her injuries.

"Well considering I do have Christopher, I'll have no problem with getting out of this bloody village. I'll have no problem selling my stories."

"That's fine dear, but right now, you can't leave. You don't know how hard it is out there, how dangerous it can get."

"That's fine, as long as I don't have to go to the town anymore." Hydra shrugged.

Once her father appeared her mother took a small amount of some kind of crushed and mixed herbs. She carefully placed it on all of Hydra's injuries and then wrapped it up in a piece of cloth.

"Now you wait a few days before you go anywhere. I want to see you getting plenty of sleep." Her mother demanded softly. "I'll bring your dinner to your room, your father managed to get some fresh steaks that hadn't managed to sell."

"And no more talk of running off, you must stay in this village until you are twenty." Hydra's father stated.

Hydra nodded sadly, knowing she wouldn't be able to leave the village any time soon, and walked towards her small room, collapsing on her bed with a soft groan as her body ached and stung. She carefully pulled off her bandana and placed it on a handmade bedside stand. She managed to get her satchel off too and put it under her bed next to her guitar.

Soon her mother appeared in her room with a bowl of food and a mug of ginger tea from the scent of it. It seemed to be laced with lavender too, giving it a calming scent.

"Thank you mother." Hydra smiled.

"Your very welcome dear." Her mother nodded leaving Hydra to eat and then sleep.

After eating, Hydra pulled up the blanket on her bed and curled to her side, the memory of that note keeping her awake.