Your Brother... (RP)

Based off of events that happened during roleplay. Nova who is Darya's brother was killed after an attempt to kill Quill.

Hydra was staring out to the ocean. The breeze twisted and pulled her hair gently. She smiled. Nothing had really happened that day. She'd mopped the deck after seeing that someone else from the crew had swept.

Out of nowhere, arms wrapped around Hydra's waist and something came into contact with her back and pressed into her shoulder. She could hear sobbing. Darya...

Darya was Hydra's girlfriend. They loved each other... a lot...

Sometimes Hydra would play guitar until Darya fell asleep on her shoulder. Sometimes they'd lie on deck and stare up at the sky or be in the crows nest and laugh about the daily events. They cared deeply for each other. At times they'd fight but they always came back to each other.

"Muffin? What's wrong?" Hydra asked. The sobbing continued.

"Her brother's dead." Elise said plainly from behind her. Almost numbly. Her girlfriend Kia was holding her hand tightly.

Hydra tensed. She shouldn't have had another run in with death until she was healed. Her mentality couldn't take much more but she stood strong, determined to be there for Darya.

"Nova..." Hydra whispered. She turned in Darya's grasp and pulled her to her chest. Darya buried herself there still sobbing.

Eventually her legs gave out and Hydra fell down with her, holding her girlfriend tightly.

"You're going to be okay..." Hydra whispered.

She didn't notice at first but Elise was rubbing Darya's back. When Hydra looked up she hissed.

"Hey look, I know you're trying to help but back off!" She growled.

Elise backed away, looking hurt. Kia grabbed her hand looking worriedly at the two.

"Do you want me to play my guitar for you?" Hydra offered.

Darya shook her head. "Violin." She said in a shaky whisper. It was barely audible.

Hydra looked taken aback. "Uh-uh... I've never played violin before Darya..."

"Not you... Elise."

Hydra gave an apologetic look to Elise and mouthed "violin". Elise nodded instantly, let go of Kia's hand with a smile and walked below deck to get the instrument. She reappeared and started playing.

The soothing music echoed across the deck giving a calm vibe to anyone who would have been below them.

Darya's breathing steadied but she never let go of Hydra, keeping her head buried in her chest. Soon the song stopped and Darya looked up, her tear stained cheeks glimmering in the sun. She clapped and Hydra followed suit.

"Love... I need to rest... I'm going down to my hammock." Darya stated softly.

Hydra nodded and pressed a kiss to Darya's forehead. "Yell if you need anything."

With that Darya disappeared below deck.

"Thanks for that." Hydra nodded. "And sorry for getting pissy with you Elise..."

"It's fine. You were protecting your girlfriend. I know I'd do the same for Kia." Elise said.

"I think we should do something for her you know?" Kia put in.

"What should we do then?" Hydra asked.

"A funeral... sort of... Nova died trying to kill Quill so we can't let anyone know that we are honouring Darya's brother."

A pang or shock hit Hydra. "Idiot..." she muttered.

"I say we do it in the tavern. I can sing. You can play guitar. Those songs that your grandfather wrote? We can choose one and learn it." Kia nodded.

"Yes. And you will play a part how?" Hydra turned to Elise.

"I'll pass her a drink and get her to sit down." She replied.

Hydra nodded thoughtfully. They'd have to prepare, meaning that Kia would have to learn the song and they'd have to ask permission to actually hold it in the tavern... unless they held it on the ship. Then again, work would be going on so they probably couldn't, not to mention the crew members who went to sleep early. So the tavern would have to do it.

"Elise, Kia and I will set up in the tavern. You will have to bring Darya there at the time that we plan okay?" Hydra suggested.

"That's fine with me." Elise agreed.

"Alright, we have a week, maybe less. Don't tell Darya about this."

Elise and Kia nodded.

One Week Later

Hydra sighed. Herself and Kia were waiting in the tavern. They had gone through the song that they were to sing that night about a thousand times and were proud with how it turned out. Hydra even changed some of the chords and lyrics to make it more like her song but had her grandfathers spirit in it.

She leaned back in her seat holding her guitar tightly. She stared at the door intently.

A few people were sitting in the tavern, a quiet chatter echoed through the room. There were only around five. Thistles... they probably saw it happen by the looks they were giving each other.

Hydra saw the door open and Darya stepped in, Elise pushing her gently towards a table and waving over Eloura to order a few drinks.

Hydra nodded to Kia and started strumming her guitar gently whilst finger picking the strings. It was a slower, less energetic song and Kia's voice flew through the tavern like a gentle breeze. Darya curled up on her seat swaying gently to the music. Elise was sitting across from her, turning her body so she could watch the two perform.

The song ended with a gentle tune and Hydra smiled over at Darya. She and Elise clapped and Kia grinned.

"Better than I thought we'd be." She stated getting up from her seat. Hydra walked over to Darya and Elise, Kia following behind. She placed her guitar to the side of her chair and sat next to Darya who cuddled into Hydra's arms.

Elise pushed over a drink and Hydra lifted it up. "To Nova." She whispered.

"To Nova." Everyone else smiled holding their own up, making sure they weren't overheard by the Thistles on the other side of the tavern.

"Thanks for the entertainment!" One of them yelled.

"It wasn't for you to enjoy." Elise muttered sarcastically.

Hydra wrapped her arms around Darya pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

"Thank you." Darya whispered resting her head on Hydra's shoulder, burying her face into her neck.

"You're welcome, Muffin."

"Where do you think he is?"

"Somewhere better than here."