Chapter 20

I felt numb after what I had done. I had that feeling of loneliness and pain that was consuming me because of what I had done. Amy was ushered away by Carol, and everyone else respected that I needed my space, and they also slowly dispersed from the scene. I have been sitting here for hours, staring at Andrea's lifeless body laying on the ground besides me. Her skin was pale, her lips were a dark shade of purple, her hair perfectly framing her face, and the blood from her shoulder has now dried up. I couldn't move from her side, it was like I was glued in this position.

"Julie," Sophia's small voice calls from behind me.

"Shit," I mutter, "Yeah Sophia?" I ask, turning around to face her.

I saw Sophia shaking with fear in her eyes, and she was backing away from Andrea's body. Carl was standing beside her, also with a look of shock and fear in his eyes.

"What happened to Andrea?" She asked.

"She's..... gone," I whisper loud enough for them to hear me.

Sophia started sobbing and Carl looked like he was about to break down as well but he was trying to stay strong.

The back door  to my house swung open and Rick came outside, heading over in our direction, Carol was following behind him. I stand up from the ground and awkwardly stand there, waiting for them to approach me. Sophia ran and jumped into Carol's arms, and Carol tightly embraced her. Carl hid behind Rick, and Rick was trying his hardest to comfort him, but he wasn't successful.

"How's Amy?" I asked.

"Not too great. She cried herself to sleep, but she was so miserable," Rick answered.

I nodded at him, and felt the tears well up in my eyes again. My heart ached for Amy, losing Andrea was tough, Andrea meant the world to her.

"Hey uh Carol, could you take the kids in? I need to talk to Julie," Rick asked.

Carol nodded, and set Sophia down on the ground, taking her hand, and she took Carl's hand, and guided the children back to their houses.

"You know what you did wasn't your fault. There was no way you could have stopped it. You just did what Andrea wanted you to do, you did the right thing," He reassured me.

"What if Amy will start hating me?" I asked.

"She won't. She shouldn't, because you did what her sister wanted. She will understand,"

"Alright, what about the bodies?" I asked.

"Well move them tomorrow, take them out into the forrest and burn them, and we will bury Andrea and carry on with our lives," He said.

I sniffled, "Alright, I'm going to bed. Night Rick."

"Night Julie," He said as I walked past him and back towards the house.

I opened up the door and bolted up the doors, semi slamming my bedroom door shut, and collapsing onto the bed. I cried for a little while before falling asleep.

--------------------------

I was only asleep for a few hours before I woke back up, and went back outside. Over by the gate, I could see Rick, Glenn and Daryl attempting to bulid a fire, while Carol and Amy were out in the distance piling the walkers into piles. I hopped down the steps and walked over to Amy and Carol. When I approached them, Carol shot me a worried glance, and Amy glared at me. I took a look at Amy, and she looked horrible. Her outfit was caked in dirt, and her face had some dirt smeared on it as well. Her eyes were bloodshot and you could tell that she had been crying for awhile. Just by looking in her eyes, and the way she was glaring at me., I could tell that Amy wasn't the same person that she was before. She was no longer that sweet, innocent girl that needed to be looked out after. She had grown cold.