36. celebration

Back in the city, weekdays were spent together like usual. Rj picked Meng up and brought her to work then picked her up in the evening after work.

"Ma'am, nauna na pong nagpahatid si Ricky sa condo..." Jomar said one late afternoon when he arrived at the office as Meng was about to leave. She would normally be greeted by Rj with Jomar at the office lobby.

"Ah, ganun ba?"

"Opo. Ihatid ko nalang po daw kayo sa condo..." Jomar said, taking Meng's things from her.

Meng got into the SUV and waited for Jomar to get in before saying, "Sa bahay mo nalang ako ihatid please. Ako nalang pupunta sa condo mamaya."

"Okay po. Paki-text nalang si boss..."

"Oo..." Meng replied and settled in her seat.

A few minutes later, they were at the gate of Meng's apartment complex. "Mauna na po ako Ma'am..." Jomar said as he took Meng's things from the SUV and handed it to her.

"Salamat..." Meng said and she walked inside the compound.

"...good afternoon po, Nay..." Meng said as she took Nanay's hand to bless. Nanay was in the kitchen preparing dinner.

"Kaawaan ka ng Diyos...dito ka ba kakain?"

"...hindi ko pa po sure...Friday po ngayon, dun po ako sa condo matutulog..."

"Hmm..." Nanay nodded. "...kung pupunta ka sa condo, pakidala na rin pala nung mga damit ni Tisoy na nilabhan ko na. Andun sa basket ko sa may sala..."

"Ah sige po. Mag-aayos lang po ako ng gamit at magpapahinga ng sandali bago maligo..."

"Okay..." Nanay said as she stood up from the table, carrying the vegetables she cut up to wash at the sink.

Sitting in the living room, Rj browsed through his phone gallery. The dining table was formally set with candles and wine glasses. Even the deck where the jacuzzi was was also decorated with flowers and some candles. On the kitchen counter were containers of food that he had the hotel kitchen staff prepare. A bouquet of flowers was on top of the coffee table. By the foot of the stairs to the loft was his bag.

He looked over at the food containers and his surroundings before focusing back to his gallery. He had taken pictures of how the food was plated and wanted to copy them. Suddenly, his phone rang.

"Jomar?"

"Boss...nagpahatid si Ma'am sa bahay nila. Andito ako sa baba, naka-park..."

"Ah, sige, magpahinga ka na muna..."