Road To Recovery (Phan)

~ Dan's POV ~

It started storming while a was walking home from work and that just gave me a reason to head home faster, other than wanting to see my amazing boyfriend. I walked in and slipped off my black and white Converse by the door, padding to the kitchen only to be met with silence. Strange, I thought. Phil should be off of work, I saw his Vans by the door. I jogged up the stairs towards our bedroom, and the door was slightly ajar. I peeked in and saw Phil there, tears rolling silently down his face and I instantly grew worried. I crept up behind him and questioned "Baby, what's wrong?"

He sniffed and answered quickly "It's nothing."

I sighed softly "Lies." I walked towards him until my back was on his chest and said "Please tell me."

"I relapsed." He whispered, tears flowing.

"Where?" I stated more than asked. He didn't answer, but stripped of his shirt and pants. I gasped at the amount of burns and cuts along his stomach and thighs. I pulled him to me gently. As soon as he was secure in my embrace, he started sobbing hysterically.

"I-I'm so-sorry, D-D-Dan. I'm s-so fu-fucking sor-sorry, I didn't m-mean t-t-to, I screwed up." He choked out.

"Shh, Shh. Don't apologize, you couldn't help it."

"I just ruined my entire recovery plan, I'd been doing so well but I didn't realize what I was doing until I was done, I'm sorry." He sobbed.

"Phil, look me in the eyes," he did as I asked, "You didn't fuck up your recovery, ok? You can try again, I'll help you, I'll be there every step of the way. I know it's hard," I said referring to my scars,"But you CAN make it through this. You ARE strong. You may not can see it but I can. You can always talk to me, ok? I love you, so fucking much and I want to help you."

"I love you, too, Dan." He said. I leaned down and kissed him tenderly on the lips and gave his hips a gentle, affectionate squeeze. He put on a superhero T-shirt and black pajama bottoms before we went downstairs.

We walked into the kitchen, and I spoke. "Pancakes or ramen noodles?" He gave me a 'bitch, please' face and I chuckled. "I'll take that as pancakes."

"Yes, please." He said sweetly. I leaned over and pecked his nose and he giggled. Our night consisted of cheesy moments, kissing and pancakes.