Chapter 1

Noted, getting into Stanford University was my dream, and it had finally come true. I couldn't be happier. If you're wondering, yes, I'm that kid. The one who cares about education. You can laugh on your own time though. Anyway, I had a whole life plan set up when I was like eight. I sort of stuck to it. Go to high school, go to college, go to law school, become a lawyer. That was my life plan. Two down and two to go.

As I approached my dream school I signed in happiness. Enrollment was simple, finding my dorm room wasn't. The school was twice as big as I expected. I finally have found the room, it only took over an hour. I used my key and opened the door.

On the other side it revealed a boy in only boxers dancing to Brittany Spears. 'Oops I did it again'. he spun around when he saw me and froze. He had Sandy blonde hair and bright green eyes. I awkwardly glanced at my schedule, "Uh, hey, I'm Jim, I guess I'll be your roommate". He looked appalled, "This is Stanford for crying out loud, the least they could do is give us seperate rooms, geez" he didn't seem ashamed of his half nudity as he simply put on a t-shirt.

He put a hand out, " I'm Dixson Medley, but you can call me Dix for short" he smiled. I shook his hand, "Dixson? And you want me to call you Dix?". He nodded, " So,where you from Jim?" He plopped on the bed. I slowly sat on the empty chair , " Jackson,Mississippi originally but I moved a lot". " I'm southern really, New Orleans, but sorry if I don't carry much of an accent". He did have the voice every now and then. I shrugged. "So what's your major ?" I asked trying to maintain conversation.

He looked away slightly, " Well technically, at the moment at least, I kinda don't know what I want to do with my life". I stared at him in confusion. "My folks are owners of this super popular company, I never followed it so they sent me to college to get rid of me" he explained.

I nodded slowly, "Well I have to stay focused, I'm trying to be a lawyer". He nodded casually, "Good idea, aim high". He then got up and put a pair of jeans on that were sprawled on the floor. "Well nice meeting you kid, but I have a party to get to" I put my bags on the bed that wasn't taken.

"Wait, a party? Now?" I asked confused. He nodded while sliding on his stylish jacket, "You can come if you want". I shook my head, "I can't, it's the first day of school, there's things to do". He sighed and approached me, "Jim, it's college now, not high school or anything, we can do what we want". He chuckled and added, "Hell, even the teachers are probably partying one more time before they have to teach us". I shook my head again, "I really can't".

He shrugged. "Suit yourself". He grabbed his keys and phone off the night stand before heading to the door, "See you later Jimmy" he called. I sighed and went over to the bed and began unpacking. Just from the looks of it, I can see this is going to be a year to remember.