Chapter 2

•••

Skylar was laying in her bed staring at the ceiling as her conversation with Marcel played on a loop in her head; Who is hope? Why did Marcel need to talk about her so bad? Eventually her mind started creeping back to her least favorite subject; her father.

Of corse she would never have the perfect surban childhood, no white picket fence, no happily married parents, you don't really get a chance to do that when your father is the original hybrid born 1000 years ago and your mother is a former human turned werewolf turned vampire.

But a girl sure could dream. Her entire life she only hear from her dad when he needed a witch to do a spell for him. No Christmas visits, no surprise birthday presents, none of it.

The only people she was really ever close to was Kol and Marcel. Elijah was to busy doting on Klaus and Rebekah was always bitter about Klaus having a child and her never being able to have one of her own, so she really only became close with Kol and Marcel.

But she always had her mom by her side, and her uncle Tyler would come by and help them but normally it was just her and her mom.

Skylar was broken out of her thoughts by her phone beeping, when she rolled over and read it she saw a text from stiles telling her that he, Scott and Allison were on their way and that they need to talk so she sighed and got out of bed. she walked over to her closet and got dressed then she threw her hair in a loose ponytail and walked to the kitchen.

Skylar was sitting at the kitchen island when someone knocked on the front door "ah my favorite crime fighting duo." She sighed as Scott and stiles walked into her house followed by Allison.

"What are you guys doing here" Skylar asked as she sat back down "we need to talk to your mom." Scott said freaked "Okay?" She said "mom." Skylar said and she vamp sped in "I am never going to get used to that." Stiles sighed

"Reptilian?" Grace asked once Allison and Scott explained what they saw "yeah. It looked like a big lizard." He rushed out "well I've never heard of anything reptilian. Why not ask the argents if they know?" She asked "they won't tell us even if they knew." Allison replied sadly.

~•~

Skylar was sitting in the lunchroom with the rest of the cheer squad when everything went dead silent. She walked over to Scott, stiles and Lydia and we all stared at Erica in leather and heels, looking the complete opposite of her normal ugly duckling look "what the holy hell is that?" Lydia asked "its Erica." Skylar replied, Skylar scott and stiles walked off after her.

They followed her out the front door and saw her get in a car with Derek Hale who smiled at them and then drove off.

~•~

"I need your help." Scott said as he walked up to Skylar who was putting books in her locker "with?" She trailed off as she looked for her Econ book "we need to find Boyd before Derek turns him, I think he's at the ice rink." Scott explained and then walked off "of corse we do." She sighed softly, closed the locker and followed Scott out.

~•~

Scott and Skylar walked into the ice rink looking for Boyd, we found him cleaning the ice rink on a zamboni. "Boyd!" Scott called but he ignored us "Boyd!" Skylar called and he ignored her too. "Did Derek tell you everything?" She asked "He told me about the hunters." He told them "and you still said yes?" She asked shocked.

"What ever you want there's other ways to get it." Scott told him "I just want to not eat lunch alone every day." Boyd told the kids "if your looking for friends you can do astronomically better than Derek." Skylar rolled her eyes.

"that really hurt Skylar." Derek said from behind the duo "I mean if your going to review me, you should at least take a consensus. Erica, hows life been for you since we met?"

"In a word, transformative." Erica smirked then growled at them "Issac?" Derek asked "Well im a little bummed about being a fugitive, but other than that I'm great." Issac sassed
"Ok hold on, this isn't exactly a fair fight." Scott pointed out "then go home." Derek said and nodded to his betas "he meant fair for them." Skylar smirked.

Issac came up to Skylar and tried to hit her but she dodged it and hit him in the jaw. Erica was about to grab Scott but Skylar used her magic to throw Erica across the rink. Issac grabbed the back of Skylars throat and threw her into the zamboni so Scott went after him.

Erica came up and kicked Skylar sending her flying back. She smirked and Skylar used her magic to throw Erica against the ground, Erica groaned and stayed down. Issac growled and came at Skylar but she kicked him in the knee making him fall down and then kneed him in the face.

"Don't you get it?" Scott yelled "he's not doing this for you. You think he's giving you a gift but all he did was make you his guard dogs!" "He's only doing this for the power, he couldn't care less about you!" Skylar told them then Scott threw Issac and Erica over to Derek.

"Your right Skylar, this is about power." He turned into a wolf, grabbed Skylar by the neck and threw her into the glass barrier. He hit Scott and scratched his stomach. He finally backed off when Skylar gave him an aneurism.

Erica, Issac and Derek walked off "don't." Skylar told Boyd as she walked up to Scott "you don't want to be like them." "Your right. I want to be like you guys." He showed them his bite and then walked away.

~•~

Skylar walked into her house and groaned, the cuts and scratches she had from her fight with Derek, Issac and Erica hadn't totally healed yet and she felt like hell.

"mom. I'm home." She called as she walked in but stoped when she smelled someone else in her house "your mom's not home yet." A man said from my living room "and we need to talk."

"Marcel?" Skylar asked shocked "what the hell are you doing here." "We need to talk about hope." He told her simply.