Chapter 3

•••

"Another daughter?" Skylar asked shocked "mmhmm." Marcel said from his spot next to her on the couch. Marcel moved to hug her but she stood up and walked across the room before he could "why does this involve me Marcel?" She asked.

"Because Skylar, people are coming after Hope, and we think you can stop them." He told her "hmm, you think, they think or he thinks?" She asked and he didn't meet her eye "I didn't tell them I talked to you." Skylar scoffed then lightly sniffed as she wiped away a tear that had slowly falling down her cheek.

"hey." Marcel said and sped over to her "it's going to be ok." He promised as he took her face in his hands "no it's not Marcel. I thought he hated me because he didn't want kids but he loves his other daughter which means he just hates me." She whimpered as more tears fell "He doesn't hate you Skylar." Marcel tried to tell her.

"Yes he does Marcel." Skylar insisted and pushed him away "He loved you, he loves hope, I'm the one he didn't want. Why? What did I do to make him hate me?" She asked helplessly.

Marcel brought her into a tight hug and rubbed his hands up and down her back "I don't know kid. I don't know." Marcel and Skylar sat on the couch and talked about everything thats happened recently until she wound up falling asleep.

~•~

Skylar woke up in her bed and noticed a note on the nightstand

"had to go home. Call me if you need anything little sister. -M"

She smiled and got up. She took a quick shower and threw her hair in a messy ponytail and did her make up. Skylar got dressed and picked up the silver moon necklace Tyler had given her before going downstairs.

"What was Marcel doing here last night?" Grace asked as she walked into the kitchen "not much." Skylar said as she dug through the fridge "I know you don't eat real food but I would love it if you could buy food so your amazing daughter doesn't starve." Skylar said and grace gave her a sarcastic smile which Skylar returned.

"I'll put it on my to-do list, now do I need to be worried about your father or aunt and uncles showing up?" Grace  asked and Skylar sighed

"Marcel heard some rumor I was in trouble and came to make sure I was ok. Don't worry klaus still couldn't care less about me." "Sky... your father he's..."

"a murdering dick and a psychopath. I know, I need to be at school, see you tonight." Skylar hugged her mom then walked out.

Skylar walked into the garage and got into her car. She sighed as she drove down the road, she couldn't keep klaus or his newest child off her mind.

~•~

Skylar was at the lacrosse game sitting next to Melissa as they watched beacon hills get their asses kicked. "He belong to you?" Matt asked Melissa as a player was being taken away on a stretcher

"no mine is still on the field." She replied Matt started taking pictures "oh are you the yearbook photographer?" She asked

"no, I just take pictures." He answered, the girls noticed he was taking pictures of Allison and Skylar accidentally growled slightly out of protectiveness for her friend.

Coach was short one player since stiles went to go find Gerard's bestiary so he had Boyd go get on the field. He wound up knocking the biggest guy on the field down and everyone started cheering, but Skylar and Scott shared worried looks from across the field.

Some huge ass player rammed into Scott and knocked him down causing him to break his leg. Everyone grimaced and Allison Skylar and Melissa ran over to him.

When they got there he was standing up "it's ok, it's ok." He said "I'm fine." He promised "I could have sworn I literally heard bone breaking from where I sat." Melissa said perplexed "Seriously, I'm fine." He promised "well I'd like to ask him one more thing." Gerard said creepily.

~•~

Skylar went home after the game and took a shower, after her shower she noticed she had a missed call, she went to go change before calling them back.

She walked back into her room and called the number back, after a few rings someone picked up "hello?" A British voice spoke down the phone causing Skylar to sigh before taking "hey Elijah."

"Skylar?" He asked "why do you sound so shocked? You called me first." She pointed out "I didn't think you would call me back." He answered honestly and she nodded

"I kind of didn't want to but I thought fuck it why not." She shrugged "why did you call?"
"I need your help." He said simply and she internally groaned "let me guess, it has something to do with a secret sister?"

Elijah was quiet for a moment before he spoke again "how did you..." "Marcel told me, I mean at least someone in my family did." She snapped and Elijah sighed "Sky..."

"don't call me that." She snapped and he sighed again "are you going to help?" Elijah asked and she hummed like she was thinking about it "no." "Skylar I know you and klaus have your difficulties..." "understatement of the century." She muttered cutting him off

"but there is no reason for an innocent child and her mother to suffer because of this feud between you and Nik." He told her ignoring her earlier comment

"oh it's not a feud it's a long standing cycle of neglect that he seems to forget every time he has a problem that needs to be solved, so no Elijah I'm no going to stop everything in my life to fix his problems right now." She snapped feeling her anger build.

Skylar hung up her phone and then set it on the nightstand, she looked over at her mirror on her desk that she had cracked accidentally with her magic when she was talking to elijah and let out a long annoyed groan before flopping back on her bed.

~•~

Skylar was in her bed reading when she heard someone knocking on her window. She walked over, slowly opening the drapes to see Scott waiting for her.

She sighed again and opened her window, Scott climbed, well fell in and Skylar closed it again before walking back over and sitting back down "what's up Scott." He walked over and sat next to her on the bed.

"I know what it is." He said simply "hmm?" She asked "it's called a kanima. That's literally all I know about it, it's a shapeshifter apparently and it doesn't like water, it's stronger, faster and scarier than a werewolf and it can paralyze people." He ranted.

"if it's a shapeshifter, who is it?" Skylar asked and he shrugged "huh." She muttered
"We'll fix it scott, we always do." Skylar promised "life is changing too much Sky. It wasn't supposed to be like this." He sighed and flopped back on the bed. She moved so she was laying next to him "I know Scott."

"How do you deal with this?" He asked after a long silence "my entire life has been one supernatural war after the next. It doesn't even phase me anymore." She sighed. They both sat in a content silence until they both drifted off and fell asleep.