Forest Wonders

The scowl, the hatred. The annoyance. It felt like he didn't belong here at all. Eventually, she had to walk off to the Blue Forest for their last lesson: Surviving Fairy Tales with Yuba the Gnome. Iris made her way through the sea of pastel and into the tunnels. Everyone was chatting about what happened last lesson and making up rumours of why it happened. By the tie Iris had stopped thinking about what rumours they could be making up, she was there. But there was a twist. The nevers were here as well. But not any nevers. Oh no no no. The top nevers as well. A deep cough interrupted their conversations. "Right," The small gnome said. "Onward we go!" The small pack of children followed him in through the blue trees. So blue and wonderful and magic and...black? There was a never standing right beside her in him black uniform and hatred scowl. Iris looked up to see dark blonde hair and soul-less blue eyes. Richard.Y . Iris tried to be good by just carrying on though. They came to a clearing of pumpkins when they paused. "Right! Look at your schedules and you'll find your Forest group!" Yuba boomed. All the students, including the nevers, grabbed their scroll schedules to see their group. Forest group 7. "Now get in line!" Yuba boomed again. They all quickly shuffled into a line along the pathway. Yuba was now spinning a key around his finger. "Who first. Who first. Ahh! You!" Yuba pointed directly at Emma. "And who may you be?" Yuba spoke calmly to her, for the first time that session. "Emma." Emma delivered. "From where?" Yuba questioned. "Emma...From," she gulped "The w-woods beyond". Yuba smiled at her, "First reader of the session. Now which hand do you write with?" Emma answered 'Right' and Yuba shot it out at himself. With a flick of him finger, she had a white smoky substance swirling around her finger. Finger-glow. They were learning their powers. Yuba simply said, "Think of something that make you really happy, or very sad, or angry or mad. Something emotional" Emma shut her eyes tightly and looked like she was about to explode when there was a loud Bang! There was a firework whizzing around in the air. Yuba did this with everyone. And then, it was Iris' turn. Her arm was unlocked and a Pink-gold finger glow came out of her finger. It also had a slight hint of blue. Everyone else's had been one colour or even two. But not three. They gaped at her in confusion and she tried her best to think about that moment with her dad. It made her angry that no-one supported her, it made her sad that she hadn't seen him before but that made her happy that she'd seen him but she was also mad that he'd left her there for so long and just left. Happy, Sad, Angry, Mad, Happy, Sad, Angry, Mad, Sad, Angry Happy Sad, Mad. All the emotions swirled around her head like a thunderstorm. And then, there was a flash of light in her eyes and Not one, not two, not three but FIVE trees had turned to pure chocolate. Yuba stared at her and broke off some chocolate off the tree. He ate it. Iris held her hands to her mouth. Yuba's frown smiled, his eyebrows raised and he looked as if he was in heaven. Straight after, all the class were licking and munching on the trees. Yuba whispered, "The School Hall, Midnight." And directed all the children off the trees (which they all reacted to with scowling faces) and walked off. Iris broke a chunk off the tree as well. She'd eat it later. Right now though, she admired yet another golden 1 above her head.