Moral Compass

Dowoon's POV

Today was the day to the annual general meeting, and it was Saturday. I couldn't believe SNU would reschedule our midterms tests because the public holiday for the Christmas in December also got forwarded. Who the hell has mid-test on Saturday? And we students had zero say to this as the committee was saying how it supposedly done for the students too. Most importantly for those who were away from their families.

I had done my last test yesterday on Friday. The only reason I might have to come to campus was none other than to pick Ammy up. My parents had been reminding me so many times on how they wanted Ammy to dressed up more as she would be meeting important people at the meeting.

I was not fond of them trying to doll her up for whatever reason but now when I came to think of it, I guess letting Ammy pick up something nice to wear was not a bad idea either. I will just let her choose whatever she wants to wear. If she wanted a pair of jeans, then it'd be a pair of jeans. She could wear whatever she wants and I will still be enchanted.

I wasn't quite sure what time she would be done with her last test so I came to campus earlier as if I was taking the test too. After arriving I texted her to call me as soon as she was done. While I was waiting, I came to the studio to wait there. The studio doesn't have many entertaining devices to keep me company, but I know well enough that place was cozy and felt like a second home to me.

In fact, when I came down the stairs after entering the front door, I kind of heard an indistinct chatter from the basement floor. Not a fan of eavesdropping but I must say, it intrigued me to find out who among us would come to the studio with no scheduled meeting. Even right after mid-test.

"After working with her for the past months, I thought it would be fun to hang out with her so I just asked her out without much thinking. She agreed to that. And so we went to the cinema, nothing happened. We also ate dinner at some restaurant. Then, the best part is when I took her home. She unbuckled her seatbelt and guess what? She turned her face to me and I quote,

'When the first time I laid my eyes on you, I knew I was falling in love. I knew you are the one. I know you would never see me that way because you probably had someone in your mind. But you ought to know how I feel. If you happen to not have something going on romantically with anyone right now, this is my last chance and I'm taking it. This is my confession to you.'"

By the voice, I knew exactly whose voice it belongs to. I knew I should not have eavesdropped everything but I kind of just did. And now I had all of my blood pumping in heat. What the fuck? I never thought Ong would be this low after getting such a beautiful confession. So, I opened the door wider, walked across the room and had my eyes only to him.

I grabbed him by the collar and landed my fist to his cheekbone. Giving out all my strength with a very pumped up adrenaline in me. If I did not hear him just now, I would have let him compete with me fair and square in winning Ammy's heart. But now, I wouldn't let him for the World to even had the slightest chance to speak a word to her.

He got up a bit tottering even with the help from Rina, one of the band member club.

"I do not care about your love life, but you deserve that punch. Come on, a girl confessed, yeah, cool. But, making fun of it to everyone? Really? Where is your moral compass?" I said firmly with half-shouted voice.

"W-wait, I'm sorry to interrupt, but we were talking about his sister's web drama script." Said Rina.

I exhaled sharply and closed my eyes. Running my hands to my face and again, exhaling deeply. That was humiliating! 

"I-I'm so sorry, I was—I thought..."

Ong walked to me and led me to outside of the studio. "What are you doing here today at the studio?" Ong asked after we were outside.