The Bell Test

"IM GETTING INTO A TEAM!" I shouted as I hurriedly got out of bed and changed into my Ninja Attire I purchased yesterday. I put the Katana on my right side, I should probably find a good Kenjutsu teacher soon. I read about some basics in a book, so I decided to practice for an hour until it was time to go to the Academy. I could now at least use it, but I'm not very good at it either.

I arrived at the academy in normal timing today, but noticed something wrong. Naruto now has a headband.
"Naruto, why did you steal a headband?" I sighed.
"I didn't steal it, I earned it." Naruto said proudly.
"Fine, I'll believe you." I said and took my seat next to Sasuke again. Iruka-sensei gave us an inspirational speech, something like being proud and then began announcing teams.
"Now Team 7. Sasuke Uchiha, Sakura Haruno, Naruto Uzumaki and Himari Uzumaki." Iruka-sensei announced.
Meh, it's not the worst team, but I do have the annoying pink-head.
"Hey sensei, why do I, the top student, have to be put with the likes of Sasuke." Naruto pouted.
"Naruto, we had to balance the teams. You, with the lowest scores, had to be put with the two top scorers to make it even. Baka." Iruka-sensei explained.
"I got 2nd place?" Pink-head asked with sparkles in her eyes.
"No. Sasuke got 2nd place." Iruka-sensei replied. Everyone in the class knew what that meant and then sent stares towards me, with a 98% Score on my tests. Sasuke got a score of 97%.
One after another, team's left with their new sensei until only us 4 were left.
"What's taking him so long?" Naruto asked, annoyed, and placed a chalk over the door so it would land on our new sensei's head.
"They will never fall for that Naruto, they are a Jonin." Pink-head pointed out. I just ignored them and kept doing my sword practice. A while later, loud footsteps could be heard down the hallway and I paused my training, curious to know who my new sensei was. A hand grabbed the door and opened it, then someone stuck his head through and the chalk fell onto his gravity-defying white hair.
"My first impressions... you're all idiots. Meet me on the roof in 5 minutes, no later." He said before proofing away and leaving us in the room, even me and Sasuke were quite shocked.
"He fell for it..." Pink-head muttered in disbelief. I just ignored everything and made my way to the roof, where I sat on the middle step in between everyone else. "So let's start by introducing yourselves." Sensei suggested.
"Like what? Give us an example." Naruto asked and sensei sighed.
"My name is Kakashi Hatake. I like some things and dislike others. My hobbies, I don't really know and don't feel like telling you my dreams.
"The only thing he told us was his name..." Me, Naruto and Pink-head sweat-dropped in unison.
"The name's Naruto Uzumaki! I like Ramen, Himari, Ramen and Ramen. I really like the Miso Pork Ramen they do at Ichiraku's though. I dislike the two minutes I have to wait for my ramen to boil. My goal is to be recognised by the village and surpass the Hokage, believe it!" Naruto boldly proclaimed. What an idiot.
"Next" Sensei muttered.
"I'm Sakura Haruno. My likes are... kyaa~. My dream is... kyaaa~. My dislikes? I HATE NARUTO AND HIMARI!" Sakura exclaimed.
"... Next"
"I'm Himari Uzumaki. I like Training, Naruto, Reading and Dango. I dislike annoying people and hate Ramen. My goal, probably just to become a good Kunoichi like my father told me to be." I said and then Kakashi-sensei inspected me.
"You and Naruto are related? You two are complete opposites." Kakashi-sensei looked at us both with suspicion.
"And finally..." he continued.
"Sasuke Uchiha. I don't like many things and dislike a lot of things. My goal, it's to restore my clan and kill a certain someone." He answered coldly.
"Well, Good. You're all, how do I put it... Unique in your own ways. Meet me tomorrow at 6AM to the dot, and don't eat breakfast or you will be sick.
"Hai!" We all responded and then Kakashi once again poofed away.

The Next Day

Like Kakashi-sensei has instructed, I arrived at exactly 6AM and ate no breakfast.
"You're late!" Sakura shouted.
"Nope, I arrived at 6AM on the dot, like sensei had instructed us. He isn't even here yet." I pointed out which left Sakura with no comebacks.
Hours went by until it was 11AM, and a poof was heard behind me. I, who had just been practicing with my Katana for 5 hours straight, swiftly turned around and held my sword ready to attack.
"Hold it, it's just me." Kakashi-sensei responded and revealed himself crouched on the bridge next to me.
"Jeez you scared me." I sighed and sat down.
"YOU'RE LATE!" Sakura and Naruto both shouted angrily.
"Ah, there was a black cat crossing the road and-"
"NO EXCUSES!" They shouted again.
"Well, well. I will now explain why you came here. You will be taking part in a survival test. I have 3 bells on me, if you get one, then you can become a genin, but if you don't get any then you will get no lunch and be sent back to the Academy. So that's why he told us to have no breakfast. I pulled out a bento from my bag and wolfed it down.
"Ninja's always come prepared." I smirked.
"Ok you can start in 3, 2-" Sensei's countdown was interrupted by Naruto who jumped at him with a Kunai but he just pushed Naruto away.
"I didn't say go yet. 3, 2, 1. Go!" He shouted and we all hid in the forest. Everyone except Naruto that is.
"You and me, right now, one on one!" Naruto shouted while pointing at Kakashi. Idiot. He made some shadow clones, which surprised both me and Kakashi but was ultimately left in defeat and hanging upside-down in a Booby Trap. Kakashi then left to presumably find Sakura, because I heard her scream in the distance. I got out from my hiding spot and walked over to Naruto.
"Himari-chan! You've come to save me!" Naruto shouted gleefully.
"Shh. Sensei will hear me. Wanna team up?" I asked as I untied him from the rope. "Nah, this is something I've got to do alone. Good luck!" He said before once again disappearing in the forest.
Well, whatever. Teaming up was never an option with this group. I headed out after where I heard Sakura's scream only to be met by Kakashi who threw some kunai at me. I dodged them by hitting them with my sword and then hid behind the tree. Silence... if he isn't coming from above, left, right, forwards or backwards he must be... I swiftly jumped upwards to escape sensei's headhunter jutsu by a hairs length.
"Hmm? You dodged it, well done." Kakashi-sensei praises me and jumped at me again. I unsealed my Katana once more and it clashes with a kunai in his hand.
"You're not like the others." Kakashi-sensei said as sparks flew between our blades. I stayed quiet and jumped back a bit.
"Fire Release: Flame Bullet." I whispered and began doing handsigns. A barrage of fireballs then came from my mouth and hit Kakashi. Only for him to reappear behind me with a kunai to my head.
"Good, you almost got a bell. That's a high level Jutsu for someone your age, you have potential." Sensei gave me a close-eyed smile.
"What do you mean?" I said and then showed him a bell in my hands.
"What, when did you-"
"When you used the Headhunter Jutsu, I left a clone on the ground so when you got up, it snatched a bell. I continued the fight because I was bored" I said and then whispered 'Release'.
"Too bad it was just a genjutsu, you really are a Jonin, I had some doubts at first but..." I sighed and then walked back to the wooden posts where Naruto was tied up because our time was up.
"You three fail." Kakashi said bluntly.
"What? That was impossible! Wait a minute, there are four of us Bakashi!" Naruto grinned, thinking sensei had made a mistake.
"There are four of you, but one passed the test."
"Well done Sasuke, of course you got a bell!" Sakura was suddenly really happy.
"I didn't get one." Sasuke corrected her.
"Huh?" Sakura was confused.
"It was Himari." Kakashi-sensei said which gave me some stares by the others.
"But sensei, I didn't get a bell." I responded.
"The point of the test wasn't getting a bell, you needed to work as a team. Himari was the only one who asked for co-operation, where she was rejected." Kakashi-sensei sighed.
"Sorry..." Naruto apologised to me.
"It's fine, you didn't know." I responded.
"Alright, you can have another go after you have eaten lunch, but if anyone gives Naruto food, they will be disqualified from becoming a Ninja ever again." Kakashi-sensei explained.
"Hai." We all responded, with Naruto looking a bit sad and let out a huge growl from his stomach. When Kakashi left, I opened my dinner and shoved it in front of Naruto.
"Take it, I already ate earlier." I said and then shoved some in his mouth.
Sasuke then understood and gave his to Naruto too.
"It will be a hindrance if you can't fight because you're hungry." He said and then looked away. Of course, Sakura copies Sasuke's actions, even if she didn't agree. Suddenly, lightning clashed in the sky and thunder boomer through the training grounds. Kakashi appeared before us and gave us a state with murderous intent.
"YOU..... Pass." He have a close-eyed smile.
"What do you mean, aren't we disqualified?" Sakura asked.
"The whole point of the test was teamwork, in the Ninja world there is a nice saying. Those who disobey the rules are scum, that is true. But those who abandon their friends are worse than scum." Kakashi-sensei tried to act really cool, which kinda worked.
"Missions start tomorrow, don't be late." He said as he once again poofed away. As we walked off together I had the feeling something was wrong, but just shrugged it off.

Naruto in the Distance: "YOU FORGOT TO UNTIE ME!"