Beggar

Whisper sweet nothings to me, and let me believe that they are something. Let me believe that you truly care. Let me dig deep down into the hollow of my heart thinking that you would help fill it, when it was truthfully becoming my own grave. 
Lie to me, because if you tell me the truth now, you'll destroy me. I'll sink into quicksand of defeat, not even bothering to struggle, because I know that in the end it will do nothing for me but further my decent. Let me build this foundation for the both of us so I have something to stand on when you leave. Please. 
I'm begging you, and I'm no beggar. You chipped away at my walls until they came crashing down. Now I have no protection. I let you destroy my defenses because I thought we'd join forces and become unstoppable. If I knew you were the very thing in which I needed to protect myself from, I would have shot you down where you stood. But it's too late now...you've already infiltrated my soul, stealing a piece of...me. What I thought was your heart turned out to be nothing but a well wrapped lie. So please do this for me. Don't go while I'm sinking...please. I need you to help pull me out a little while longer.
I'm aware of the truth, but let me live in this lie. Let this facade stand just a little while longer as I build this foundation. Please.