Chapter 5: Where Has The Time Gone?

Hazel's POV

It's been two years since that text from Lou. I occasionally get a comment on my Instagram from her now and then saying nice comments like 'looking good!' or something like that. I found out a few days ago that Devon's wife is pregnant!! He got married last year, so this was a bit of a shock. I'M GONNA BE A GOD MOTHER!! His wife's name is Elizabeth, she's gorgeous. I'm so happy for him. I've gotten better at singing and performing from working as a singing waitress for all these years, I've started to gather a following. Never thought that would happen. I heard through the grapevine that Emma Ross is engaged. To who, I couldn't care less, but she's only like, 19??? 20??? Ah young love and stupidity. The greatest way to screw up your life. I decide that I've had enough of watching law and order SVU, and go to a cute coffee shop that sometimes let's me perform there. It reminds me of my home away from home, you know, before everything got messed up. I miss Xander a lot. He hasn't spoken to me in two years since I left. I wonder what he's up to... I shouldn't think about it too much, I almost just got hit by a car crossing the street. I keep walking staring down at my shoes, and then I'm on the ground. Just like that. Just. On the ground. My wrist hurts like hell, but I don't pay attention to it, instead directing my attention to the person who knocked me over. That was a mistake.

Xander's POV

I decided that it was time to go to the big city. I'd never been there before and I've always wanted to play at some small cafe somewhere just to make people happy. It's always been a dream of mine. The only one I told was the person who confused me for years. I found myself thinking about that person who's had me confused for years. Hazel. I don't know where she moved to when she left Camp Kikiwaka, but she was the only one who knew about my dreams. Hazel always listened to me, even when she didn't need to. I guess I took her for granted when she was still around. I'm so deep in thought that I don't even realize I bumped into someone, until they're on the ground. "Oh my God I'm so sorry!! Let me help you up!!" I say looking down at the person I knocked over. My heart stopped. I looked down at the person I knocked over. I recognize those boots anywhere. The only person I knew who made their own shoelaces. "...Hazel?"

WOWIE KAZOWIE ITS BEEN A HOT SECOND. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VOTING!!! It really means the world to me to know that people enjoy my stories. Comment songs that you think would go well with this and the previous chapter, and I'll link them in! Have a great day!!