Chapter 7

Lance

"Lance." Keith hissed, quickly latching into his waist from behind much to the Siren's annoyance. What part of 'I don't care I've never been anything but naked my entire life. Why stop now?' Did Keith not understand? Was lance speaking a different language?

"You're going to regret not wearing shoes where we're going." Keith hissed, pushing Lance into a different hall that led to an open exit into the courtyard.

"Why is that?" Lance challenged.

"I promise that there won't be anyone out here other than us. There's no reason to worry." Keith replied, his voice soft and his hold becoming soft and more of a caress. It made the Siren stop to look back at the Prince with a raised eyebrow. What the hell?

"I promise. All alone." Keith pressed, sliding one hand down Lance's side to rest on his bare hip.

That was when Lance noticed the guards standing at the entrance as they made their way down the front steps. Oh.

He turned ahead quickly as his face lit with color. That little spew surely gave the men standing guard some sort of crude idea. The prince walking his naked maiden out into the dense courtyard with a sultry tone at the very least wouldn't draw anyone to ask questions. Not to their faces at least. They'd probably wonder why the hell Keith would ever want to mate with his servant out in nature.

Stupid humans.

Lance waited until they were well out of range of the guards, hidden by the trees before he pushed Keith off of him.

He felt the prince resist, hold tightening in challenge before he shoved Lance away from him, making the Siren stumble. Lance hissed at him and received a glare in turn.

"Okay, Lance. This is going one of two ways, it's either going to work, or you're never going to taste the ocean again you got it? I'm trying to help you. I don't know what I have done wrong, but you're walking on some thin fucking Ice." Keith snapped, keeping his voice low enough that they wouldn't be heard. Lance didn't know what Ice was but he could tell that whatever it meant the dark haired young man next to him was seething. Funny considering he'd been cowering under from Lance not fifteen minutes ago.

"I don't just help people Lance. I don't just go off on a rescue mission to save someone. I don't help people I barely know, I don't just go with the flow. I've been trying so hard. So fucking hard to just give you some form of respect in hopes that you'd take it and look at me as an equal. I don't know what happened if you're just upset, or you're genuinely an asshole, but you better lighten up."

"If this isn't what you'd naturally do then why bother suggest the mission?" Lance snarled, fangs snapping.

Keith stared at Lance, eyes boring into his own. Lance blinked slowly, not quite sure if he was seeing things or not as Keith's eyes flashed, starting to glow yellow in the darkness around them. What the Siren momentarily mistook as a blush was actually color-shifting skin.

"Because I can't stand by while a child lays abandoned somewhere at the bottom of the ocean," Keith growled, actually growled. Lance pulled his shoulders back, muscle rippling under his skin as he narrowed his eyes at the man. He knew there was something wrong with the Altean but he didn't know what he was looking at.

"And what would you know about abandonment? Why should you care at all? Why does any of this matter, why do you have to care? Why couldn't you just do what you were supposed to in the first place? If you had then none of this would have ever happened!" Lance said, he felt like he was going to combust, everything was wrong. Everything felt wrong, this was wrong. What was he doing?