CHAPTER 35 ♡♡

Being married to a doctor and pregnant has to be the most frustrating thing ever because you're there craving all these unhealthy food groups and he is just there telling you of all the consequences of eating unhealthily while pregnant, then there is the babying and the phone calls every two seconds asking if you are okay.

I love my husband but he is extra as hell. You'd swear he was pregnant too.

"But baby, I want to go shopping too, you can't keep me in this damn house every single moment you find, I need to be out and walking, "I said to Tony when he wouldn't let me go with him to do grocery shopping. He keeps acting as if I was invalid or something.

"you will be in your feet all day, your feet will hurt and so will your back" he argued and I got frustrated even more.

"then you can message me or something. I want to go with you Tony "I said and when he heard his name he sighed, he knew if he kept arguing I'd use the pregnancy card.

"fine, let's go, but you're wearing flip flops, none of those pumps and heels," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm three months pregnant and still not showing Tony, chill," I said and he sighed. He came closer and kissed me.

"I just don't want you to be in pain, I can't stand to see you like that, so I'm sorry if I'm coming on a bit too strong. So please tell me if you start feeling tired or uncomfortable and we will stop okay. Promise me" he said and I leaned over and pecked his lips.

"I promise, "I said as I pulled away. He smiled satisfied and we went to the car.

When we got to the mall, it was bustling with people and it made me a bit anxious just a little bit but when I remembered that I wasn't alone I calmed down a bit.

"Okay, what do you want, I already made a list of all the things we need to do and buy, now I need your list," he said and I laughed.

"aren't you the ultimate wife hubby" I teased him a bit and he grinned. I won the jackpot with him.

"well, my wife is pregnant and I need to take the work off her plate, now miss tell me what do you want, "he said

"I've been craving gherkins and Nutella lately and no, not together," I said and he laughed.

"okay Mam, let's do this.. "he said grabbing a trolley.

"tell you what why don't you go get everything else we need and I'll go get what I need, that way we're faster "I suggested and he frowned.

"I'm not leaving you on Your Own, you're pregnant, "he said and I rolled my eyes.

"3 months, not showing and not invalid. I'm going I'll call you when I'm done, or I'll find you, either way, I'm going "I said kissing him then grabbing a smaller trolley and walking away.

The only way to reason with him is to stand your ground. I walked through different isles grabbing stuff, that looked delish to me. I got 6 glass tins of pickled gherkins and I walked to the Nutella aisle and I realized that these evil people placed the Nutella jars on higher shelves how are some of us supposed to reach them.

I looked around for the shop assistants but found none, so I stood on my tippy toes, and still, I was quite short. I groaned after yet another failed attempt, then a miracle happened, God sent me my good tall Samaritan who grabbed the jar I was trying to get and handed it over to me.

When he turned I staggered a bit, not because I was scared or intimidated but because the person standing before me, was none other than Shawn Matthew Rivers himself. In all his glory. I remember thinking about our future meetings before and none of the scenarios I created involved us being in a store and Nutella. Never. I had even fantasized about meeting him on a train and I don't even use the train.