Ch5: The Stubborn Prince

The 2-A trio didn't need to wait long to receive their punishment. As soon as they left the principal's office, they returned to their classroom to grab their PE uniforms, then went straight to a changing room. Though for the girls, their activity was ninety percent talk and ten percent getting changed.

Lisa was reminded of something as she untied her striped necktie. Back then Hina muttered about her being killed (figuratively) by her sister if she were suspended from school.

"So you have a sister, Hina?"

"Yup! Onee-chan is eight minutes older than me!"

"Wow, twins at that!" said Lisa. "You guys did matching clothes as kids?"

"We used to switch places all the time." Hina smiled as she was reminiscing, then it turned into a smug. "Even mom and dad were fooled back then~" Her green eyes went glittery as she carried on. "And, and... Onee-chan is the coolest person in the world! She's very zappin' with her guitar and she joins a band too!"

Lisa giggled. Hina reminded her of Ako and Tomoe, her juniors at the dance club. How the younger sister admired her older sister; a bond that Lisa never had.

Hina spun her blue track jacket lightly. "How about you, Lisa-chi? Do you have any siblings?"

Lisa shook her head and sighed. "Being an only child gets lonely sometimes..." she said. "Mom and dad are there, but I can't talk about the latest trends or hang out with them. There's this generation gap thingy, you see..."

"Welp, it's not like Onee-chan and I talk often these days," Hina replied. She still wore her smile, though not as bright as before.

"Do you guys have a fight?" was what Lisa would've asked, but decided not to. It was impolite for her to pry into Hina's private matter since they only became friends just recently. She'd better switch the topic.

"Kaoru, you've been awfully quiet––"

"Eh, she's sleeping..." said Hina as she approached the Haneoka prince.

Kaoru was fast asleep while sitting on a bench. She leaned her back to the wall behind. Unlike Lisa and Hina who took forever to change, the purple-haired girl had worn her tracksuit. She also donned two extra accessories that didn't quite fit in: a medical mask along with a scarf.

"Now I'm afraid she's going to collapse for real during our punishment, ahaha..."

"If that happens, we'll just carry Kaoru-kun to the nurse's room together!"

Kaoru won't be pleased with that situation due to her princely-idealism-thing, but it'll be very mean to leave her laying on the ground.

"Let's leave her be for a few more minutes," Lisa suggested. "I forgot to bring something, by the way. Wanna tag along to the class?"

»↠ ≈☆≈ ↞«

"Say... Seta-san, why do you look like that?"

...was what Miss Kobayashi uttered when she saw Kaoru. The PE teacher made no attempt to hide her confusion, with her eyebrows raised like that. The school prince's fans from 2-B were also expressing their concern.

"Please get back to your warming up, girls. You may want to avoid sprained legs," said Miss Kobayashi to the neighboring class' students. As the girls were walking away, she turned back to Kaoru. "Are you feeling unwell?"

"Not in the slightest, my mother kitten," Kaoru replied as she stroked her purple forelock. "The little kittens need to focus solely on your PE lesson." She coughed a little bit before carrying on. "It would be unfortunate for you if their attention were shifted due to the presence of yours truly."