Chapter 2

Another day, another life. For Kirishima, another day means another visit to the hospital, wishing Bakugou has gotten better everytime he's about to open the door. It has been 3 months since he came to the town, a bit away from the battlefield. However, this is just temporary. He can't stay there forever. He's still a soldier. He has duties to be fulfilled. Kirishima knows he won't be able to stay for more than 6 months, so he really wishes Bakugou recovers before that.

The hospital is slightly calmer today. There hasn't been that much battles lately, so its less crowded, less tense. Kirishima sees his friends in the corridors. Mina has gone back to the battlefield, so she's not there. They're Jiro and Kaminari. Both are Kirishima's comrades and they're dating. Kaminari was heavily injured and fell into comatose for 3 weeks, but he's pretty much the same as before now. Jiro is there to accompany Kaminari, just like Kirishima to Bakugou. "How are you doing?" asks Kirishima. "Great. My doctor said I'm recovering fast. It must be because Jiro is taking care of me. Do you know how good her cooking is?" Kaminari replies with a cheerful tone. "S-stop that!" Jiro is blushing, embarassed, but she does look secretly happy to be complimented. "Really? I'll try it someday. Gotta go now. Have a nice day, fella," Kaminari grabs on to Kirishima's shoulder before he leaves. "What's up?" "You're visiting him again aren't you?" Not only Mina and the nurse, Kaminari is also worried of him. "Yes, I gotta take care of him," Kaminari looks down, his expression really sad and deep, but he forces himself to smile again. "Good luck, man. I hope he gets well soon too. Bye!"

Kirishima arrives in front of the room. The nurse told him its okay to give a visit so he enters the room and sees the usual scene. Bakugou staring blankly into the void. He has been less violent lately and doesn't reject any food or medicine, but needles alerts him sometimes. Kirishima wonders, if he is one of the few Bakugou isn't violent to, what is the cause? Could it be that deep inside his conciousness, Bakugou remembers him? What will it take to scoop those feelings and memories back up?

"Bakugou, I bring ice cream for you. I'll put it in the fridge," The respond Kirishima gets is a nod. He also has been able to understand communication again, which is a great thing. However, he rarely speaks. Another great progress is that the view of an outside world no longer causes anxiety on him. "The nurse told me its okay to take you outside as long as its in the building. Would you like to go?" Kirishima offers. Bakugou looks a bit surprised. Then, he suddenly speaks. "Out...side?" Kirishima is excited to hear his voice, but he can't show that too much. "Yes! We can walk around, I'll ask Kaminari to come too!" Bakugou recognizes Kaminari since he visits sometimes. He's also not violent towards Kaminari after a few meetings. They were good friends. Bakugou softly nods. "Great! Lets go!"

Bakugou used to not like parks that much. Too much little kids and noise. They go together sometimes, but he never goes by himself. However, that's the only facility close to entertainment the hospital area has. Bakugou is able to walk, so Kirishima just takes him to the place by feet. Its thr first time Bakugou steps out after the incident. Kirishima wonders again, how does he feel?

"Bakugou, how is it?" He asks. The blond boy glares up to the blue sky for a few seconds, then staring into the bushes, as if he is analyzing something. "Its pretty," he sighs, "but I don't love it that much actually, I don't know why," The respond makes Kirishima smile. "You never really like parks, don't you? Look, thats Kaminari!" Kirishima points at Kaminari, waving with a big grin on his face.

"How are you guys? Good?" Kirishima answers on Bakugou's behalf, "Not bad. How about you?" Kaminari scratches the back of his head. "I'm doing well and will be out soon. It's great... but I just don't feel like it," Kaminari's voice sounds cracked and anxious. He is stressed out about something. "I don't want to go back too, Kaminari. None of us want to," Kaminari quickly takes a seat on a nearby bench. "I can't take this shit! I maybe fine now, but I feel so fucked. I don't want to be a soldier. I don't need that violence anymore! Jiro too, she's damaged from what happened. Both of us can't go like this, Kirishima," he says before he buries his face on his palms. "What are you talking about?" Bakugou responds in a monotone. Kaminari looks into the boy's eyes, like searching for something that doesn't exist. "You really remember nothing, don't you? I wish I can forget things, really," Kirishima puts his hand on Kaminari's shoulder. "This is hard, man, but stay strong. Cry, if you need. I'm here for you. Please survive. This will be over soon. I hate this war but it will end. We will find peace. Its there, on the peak everyone will reach one day. We all want it, and we will get it, okay?" Kirishima can't forgive this war. It took away his dearest person's memory, scarred his friends, and separate families. If it keeps going, what else would he lose?

After chatting for a while, Kaminari goes back to his room and Kirishima takes Bakugou to his.

"Kirishima, why was Kaminari crying?" Bakugou asks. Kirishima doesn't know how to answer it. He doesn't want to trigger anything. "Bakugou," he inhales deeply, "we all have been hurt. Kaminari's wound is too big so he is in a bad state. But with enough care and help, people like him can recover. Kaminari is a strong guy, I'm sure he will be able to fight it and one day, defeat it. We all support him," Kirishima says while his eyes meet Bakugou's. "Have you ever been hurt too, Kirishima?" Kirishima feels a cold shock inside his chest. How should he explain what gave him the biggest wound ever? "Bakugou, right now, I'm honestly suffering from a big ass wound, but I will be fine, okay?" He repeatedly hopes Bakugou won't ask why. "Really? Why is it?" Oh no, he asks about it. Kirishima is silent for almost a minute. He holds his tears so hard his hands are trembling. "Kirishima?" Kirishima stares at Bakugou again. "Someone I love is gone. I believe he will come back, but I don't know when. I don't even actually know if he could return to me. I miss him very much," He can't say it. He can't tell the truth. "I'm sure he will come back. You're a decent guy. A bit annoying, but you carw about people, even me," Bakugou says, which both shocks and calms Kirishima. Kirishima even blushes a little. "Thankyou," he replies. Under both his breath and Bakugou's knowledge, he mutters desperately, "Please come back,"

Its almost 6 so Kirishima leaves the hospital. Alone again, under the red sky. "It's going to be allright, Eijirou. You're a strong man. He will come back. This war will end," he mutters to himself. "You will come back, right, Bakugou? You said it yourself,"