Soft

I do let kaidou go eventually, but the moment I do everything seems to try to control me again. It's like being under water and swimming to the top only to never break the surface. Kaidou passes a concerned glance in my direction. I brush it off and excuse myself to the restroom. Once I'm there I check to make sure I'm alone, and teleport myself home, I open my eyes and I find myself in the comforts of my room, and voices seem to have died down to their normal level as I look about my room.
~Good grief that was too much work~ at this point I'm exhausted and lay down to take a nap before having to deal with the rest of the day.
I don't know how long I sleep for but I'm awoken by a flood of thoughts and a stabbing pain that makes my head throb. I sit up in bed and grab my head, shutting my eyes as if that would help. Suddenly I remember something and my eyes shoot open. I fumble around in my drawer by my bed until my fingers stumble upon the small circular object. My germanium ring, I don't use it often because I hate being surprised when I can no longer hear people's thoughts. But I quickly slip it onto my finger and let out a sigh as I wait for it to kick in.
         I wait. And I wait. Minutes have gone by and nothing happens I'm about to cry from the pain when I hear someone's thoughts that are louder than those around them. "~I hope Saiki is alright, he didn't come back from the bathroom earlier.~" I let myself focus on Kaidou's thoughts for too long apparently because I'm startled when I hear my door open. I open my eyes and see a timid looking Kaidou peek inside.
As soon as I see him the pain doubles, I cry out and reach for my head, but Kaidou is already there. His hands hold mine and the pain fades into a distant memory. I begin to cry of relief. And Kaidou simply holds me. At some point I must have fallen asleep because I wake up with blue hair scratching my chin. I look down and see a sleeping Kaidou on my chest.
~He's quite cute like this, like a kitten. Let's keep him~ as usual my own thoughts taunt me. That's when it hits me, my own thoughts. I can't hear any others. I sigh in relief, "~Saiki wants me around, he's so warm. I don't want to leave~" Kaiduo's thoughts surprise me. ~So I can hear Kaidou's thoughts but not anyone else's?~ suddenly it all clicks. The kissing, his touch, his proximity. Everything that's been happening lately has been revolving around Kaidou.
~oh. Oh no.~ I Saiki Kusuo do not need to rely on anyone or anything. This is absurd. My heart rate picks up as I begin to panic. Kaidou seems to sense somethings wrong and he starts to stir. "Saiki?" He whispers out softly his voice dripping with sleep, "Are you alright?" He looks up at me with glazed over eyes. And I gently pull him closer kissing his forehead.
          Seemingly content Kaidou hums and closes his eyes. Soon his breathing returns to normal and I run my fingers through his hair, they move on their own as I drift into thought.
         ~When Kaidou came to my house the voices came back. When I saw Kaiduo their volume increased. But when I was not close to Kaidou they were nearly nonexistent...~ I glance down at the sleeping boy on my chest and I grow warm, ~What is this feeling? I..I don't want to lose it just yet, it's so warm. But if Kaidou is the reason for these thoughts then I don't think I have a choice.~  I start to slip Kaidou's head off my chest with full intent of teleporting away when a small whisper reaches me.
         "Don't go yet Saiki. I'm awfully tired and I don't want to sleep without you right now." I know full well that this statement is coated by sleep and that if he was awake he wouldn't dare to say such things. But it pulls at my heart and I simply nod and lay back down with him.
         The sun is setting when Kaidou finally wakes up, my fingers still tangled in his hair. He yawns and sits up rubbing sleep from his eyes, and tosses a smile in my direction. I sit up and take a deep breath, "Kaidou," he hums in acknowledgement "Kaidou..I have to tell you something I should have told you a long time ago."

A/n- ah I'm the worst. I don't post then I leave you with a hanger like this. Tbh I'm going to start applying to colleges soon and I'm so freaking nervous. Ahhhh anyway. This is super fluffy I thought y'all deserved it after all that waiting. Ur the best <3 (828 words)