So You Call Them Autons

Rose stands over my shoulder as I sit at my computer typing in the search bar. We were at mine and my dad's house, searching for the mysterious Doctor we had only just met. Right a second ago, Rose had advised me to write "Doctor Living Plastic." So far, no matter what we were typing in we were having no results. I bet this would go a lot faster if my dad let me use his lap top.

"Try 'Doctor Blue Box'," my best friend suggests. I key in her words and for once we actually get something. The first link pops in as "Doctor Who- do you know this man? Contact Clive here..." Immediately I click on the web site and silently thank Clive. Hopefully Clive knew something that could help us find him.

As the page pops up I groan. On it was a blurry picture of the Doctor and the same words as before. Contact Clive. I draw the mouse over and click. There we go something!!!

Soon we're sitting in my car, my hands tight around the wheel. We had just arrived at Clive's house. I was a bit nervous about going in but Rose couldn't keep still. What if the man were an internet rapist or something? I knew I was probably wrong but there was still that chance.

Rose gets out of the car flashing a broad smile at me. I roll my eyes. How did we really know that this man truelly knew about our odd friend the Doctor? He could just be a man on the internet lying to us. The web didn't always tell the truth. Still, I followed Rose out of the car, heading for the door. When we get there, after knocking, a preteen boy answers the door.

"Uh, hello, we've come to see Clive? We've been emailing," Rose says in a kindly voice. The boy takes a look at the two of us and gives us an annoyed look. Turning his shoulder, he yells "Dad! It's some of your nutters!" Obviously he's seen people about the Doctor before. Soon after, Clive appears.

"Sorry. Hello. You must be Rose," He says to me and turning to my best friend he says "You must be Ana. I'm Clive. Obviously!"

"I'm Ana. She's Rose," I point out, nudging Rose when I said her name. She smiles and raises her eye brows in agreement. 

"Right... Ana," he says. He points at me and then to Rose, saying "Rose. Yes. Come on in." Clive motions us inside and we step into his house. Its fairly decent and judged on the fact that he has a son, I'm guessing that Clive is not an internet rapist.

"Who is it?" comes in a woman's voice, more than likely his wife and the boy's mother.

"'Oh it's something to do with the Doctor!" he yells back at her "These two girls have been reading the website. Please come through, I'm in the shed." His wife then walked down the stairs carrying a full washing basket.

"Girls? Girls read a website about the Doctor? The girls are girls?" the woman asks. She stops and gives us a small smile, right before closing the front door that we had left open.

Clive then shows us to his shed where he keeps all of his "Doctor" stuff. We're looking at several pictures on his computer screen as he talks "A lot of this stuff's quite sensitive, I couldn't just send it to you. People might intercept it, if you know what I mean. If you dig deep enough - keep a lively mind - this Doctor keeps cropping up all over the place. Political diaries, conspiracy theories. Even ghost stories. No first name, no last name. Just 'The Doctor'. Always The Doctor. And the title seems to have been passed down from father to son, it appears to be an inheritance. That's your Doctor there, isn't it?"

"Yeah," Rose says with a nod.

"That's him all right," I add.

"I tracked it down to the Washington public archive last year. The online photo's enhanced, but if we look at the original..." he pulls up a picture on the screen of a man who looks exactly like the Doctor. I'd say it was him but the picture was taken at Kennedy's assassination "November the 22nd, 1963. The assassination of President Kennedy."