17.

MARCH 29TH WAS A SEEMINGLY NORMAL DAY of the year.

It wasn't a holiday. It didn't hold any global significance like December 25th, which everyone knew was Christmas. March 29th of 1977 was an even more regular day as it was a Tuesday. A day where adults had to go to work and children, to school.

However, for the handful of people who knew, March 29th was the day that Farrah Alexandria MacMillan entered the world and began brightening up the lives of those around her.

The red-haired Muggleborn opened her eyes that morning and sighed softly. While she was grateful for another year of life, she knew that the people in her life would go out of their way to make today as unnecessarily extravagant as possible. Knowing that the events of the day were better dealt with head-on than ignored, the girl sat up and swung her feet out onto the floor.

Except, the floor was different.

The cold and dark stone floors of the Slytherin dormitory were replaced by white stone. Farrah froze, her mind running across all the different places in the castle that had white stone as the floors.

They wouldn't, she thought.

"Josh!" Farrah called out loudly, knowing the boy would be nearby to see his plan come to fruition. 

There was murmuring and shuffling before the half-blood stuck his head in through the curtains, "You called?"

"Do I-" the girl started, keeping her eyes on the floor, "Do I even want to know where I am?"

"Huh, that's a good question," he answered. 

When he went silent, Farrah looked up to see that he had left. Taking a deep breath, the girl stood up and grabbed her curtain. As she contemplated the different ways she would massacre the boys after this, she wondered How bad could it be?

Meanwhile, Remus, Peter and Regulus were watching Josh walk away from the bed in anticipation. The four boys had decided to join efforts this year to make Farrah's birthday more special than ever. 

"Does she suspect where she is?" Regulus asked as his friend joined them.

Josh shook his head, "No. But I can tell you we're all dead men walking."

"Correction," Remus said, his gaze focused behind Josh, "We should be dead men running."

The remaining three boys followed Remus' stare to the front of the Great Hall where Farrah had just pulled open the curtain. From the entrance of the Hall where they were standing, they could see the girl's eyes widen. She turned her head from left to right, scanning the room before she turned to them. 

"Run, run, run!" Peter exclaimed as the girl narrowed her eyes and started walking towards them. 

The four boys scattered down the hallways of the ground floor, hoping not to be on the receiving end of Farrah's wrath. Regulus wasn't sure how he let the other three boys convince him to move Farrah's bed to the front of the Great Hall as a prank, but he was praying to every god he knew that she wouldn't get to him first.

"Oh Regulus!" the girl called out as he bent the corner, "I saw you run down there."

Looks like the gods weren't listening to him this time.

"Reggie," she said again, sounding no closer nor further than she did before. 

Slowly, Regulus inched towards the edge of the wall to peek around the corner. As he stuck his head out, he came face-to-face with the pale pink of Farrah's pajama top. He cursed softly, raising his head to meet the fiery gaze of her hazel eyes.