22.

When Farrah opened her eyes, she was shocked to see that she was surrounded by darkness. She spun around but it made no difference. Wherever she was, it was pitch black. She stretched her arms out in front of her as she took small, careful steps. After all, she didn't want to hit anything. She groped aimlessly for a few moments before her hands hit a solid surface. Farrah dragged her fingers along the wall and found a light switch. 

Thank Merlin, she thought.

Farrah flipped the switch and the entire room flooded with light. To her surprise, she was in her living room. Still, something didn't feel right. The girl turned around and screamed. In the middle of the living room, where the coffee table usually stood, was the body of her brother. Asher laid lifelessly on his back, his body littered with scars. The pool of blood around him contrasted greatly against the beige carpet that it covered.

"Asher!" Farrah exclaimed as she barreled towards her brother. She dropped to her knees beside him and shook him violently but nothing happened. Farrah remained there in the pool of blood until she was suddenly aware of the thick and suffocating smell it left in the room. Her stomach turned and she felt the bile crawling up her throat as tears stung the back of her eyes. 

With one hand on her stomach and the other covering her mouth, she started to run towards the bathroom. However, she tripped over something which sent her flying to the floor. Farrah turned back to see what made her fall. She wasn't sure what she was expecting to see but she sure wasn't expecting it to be the bloody body of James Potter. She made a noise, something in the middle of a scream and a whimper, as she struggled to get back to her feet.

She scrambled to the bathroom and flung the door open with such force, it was a wonder it stayed on its hinges. She crumpled over the toilet and emptied her stomach, the bile burning her throat like firewhiskey. Even after, when there was nothing else to throw up, she remained over the toilet retching. When the retching had stopped, she dropped to the ground, using the toilet as a means of support. 

That was when she noticed the blood.

It trailed from outside straight across the bathroom floor, leading all the way to the bathtub. Farrah took a deep breath and leaned forward. She braced herself for what she might see but was still caught off-guard when she pulled back the shower curtain to find Remus and Peter in the bathtub, both soaked in red and both, very dead.

Startled, Farrah fell backward. She kicked away from the bathtub in an attempt to scurry out of the room but she kept slipping in the blood on the tiles. On their blood on the tiles. 

Somehow, she got out of the bathroom. She stumbled down the hallway, her head spinning. Blood. There was so much of it. Her hands and clothes were now covered in it. She was covered in it. Covered in the blood of her brother, of James, of Remus, of Peter. 

So.

Much.

Blood.

Asher's bedroom door creaked open as she moved past it. Farrah stopped. Something begged her to walk away but she couldn't help it. She had to go in.  Slowly, she pushed the door open. When her eyes laid on Josh's body, limp and dangling from her ceiling like a chandelier, she couldn't stop the scream she let out. 

"Josh," she whispered as she walked inside the room. Her vision blurred as tears gathered at the rim of her eyes. She approached him and was about to reach out to him when she heard a door slam.

The sudden noise caused her to jump. It also awakened some fear inside of her. Was there someone else in the house? Was that the person who was doing this?