The Dance

So I listened to what Monika said about the the Dance, my parents got me a tuxedo, which in itself was an amazing experience, putting it on made me feel like another person. 

Eventually the day came. I decided to walk Yuri myself to the school because I obviously could not get a drivers licence. Before I left my dad styled my hair, gave me deodorant and gave me a speech about how this would change me life.

So I walked down the street towards her her house, I could already see people heading to the school with their partners, some of the older people drove with them. I arrived at her house and rang the doorbell. After a few seconds the door opened.

Oh my god.

I have scene some pretty girls myself, through a barrier called screens. But this was real life. It might have been the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.

Yuri stood at the doorstep in a small white dress that exposed her beautiful legs, and a necklace with a white diamond for a centerpiece. She appeared to be shocked at my appearance, somehow.

I gasped with my jaws wide open before telling myself that I am not an animal. Yuri walked down the steps and up to me. She shyly looked away.

"What...do you think?"

"Yuri," I said. "You look stunning."

Yuri blushed at my comment before we began walking to the school.  

We arrived at the school and headed into the literature club. And met the other girls with their respected partners.

The girls looked beautiful, but- of course- none of them could be compared to yuri. All the girls hung out in the corner of the room, while the boys were at the opposite end. Yuri joined the girls while I joined the boys.

There were 3 boys there. The first boy was large and muscular, I assumed he was Monika's partner. the second boy was pretty short and looked average, Natsuki's partner. The final boy was the boy I'd seen earlier with Sayori, so I assumed he was her partner. All the boys looked at me awkwardly.

Eventually we finally decided to head down to the dance.

It was a few minutes into the dance. I watched YouTube tutorials on how to slow dance so I could dance with Yuri. Yuri also seemed to learned to dance, as her flow went perfectly with mine. I looked around the dance room to see Sayori with that boy. She appeared to be crying while the boy smiled and stared at her. Yuri catches my gaze and we both look at the cute couple smiling.

The song we were dancing heeded to its climax, all the couples began to kiss. I look at Yuri, who looks off awkwardly. She looked at me.

Then she pulls me into a hug which caught me off guard causing me to yelp. Yuri notices and giggles. 

Eventually the dance came to an end. We ended up not kissing unlike the other couples. My parents sent me a text saying that they were out of town on a business thing and would not comeback until tomorrow. It was pitch black and my house was near so I did the most logical thing that came into my mind.

"Yuri," I said. She looks at me.

"Would you like to stay over at my place?"

"Sure!" she said smiling. I smiled at her as I guided her towards my house.