Chapter 23 - Fight For BluaNu

Dee stood in amazement as his eyes glazed over the sight of a full set of armor reflecting in white silver and blue designs. He set focus, and the description read "Morning Star Full Amor Set".

"Derma, I can't take this. You worked hard to get it. It's yours," Dee said with a concern look on his face.

Derma smiled saying, "Dee, look at me. It's going to be a long time before I can be healed to use it. Our raid group got it from the Dark Crawler in the north on the second day. As raid leader, it was given to me. Take it Dee. Take it and defeat Gen!"

There were no words to say as Dee picked up the armor. He looked back at Mara, Bu and Jessie. In return, they nodded their heads. Accepting, the items disappeared into Dee's inventory.

"Equip," announced Dee. He stood up, and the Nano-bots went to work. Starting from the bottom of his foot and then up to his neck, the armor fitted to his body structure. It looked like he was in some sort of tech suit. Dee looked at himself and balled his fist to get a feel of his newly given suit.

"There's not much time Dee," reminded Bu. "We have to meet Gen out in the front."

"Wait there's one more thing," Derma exclaimed. On the wall was an object wrapped in cloth. "You will be needing this as well."

Dee grabbed it and slowly unwrapped the object. "Serious?" Dee smiled.

"Serious," Derma replied.

Dee grabbed the handle of the object and pulled it from underneath the cloth. A white aura appeared around it giving light to the room. The double edge sword reached out about four feet long and three inches wide, but it felt very light. The handle made of gold and in the center a clear stone was embedded within. Dee swung it towards the wall to get a feel of the sword comparing it to his other two. It cut the air leaving behind a trail of dust that continued its way to the wall causing a gash in it.

"That is the effect of this sword. Even if you don't make direct contact, it sends out an "Energy Wave" at the end of your swing that can also cause damage. It also possesses a limited amount of energy stored within. That, I have not figured out how to use yet. Maybe you can," explained Derma.

"Guys? Let's take back the city," declared Dee.

As they exited the Court of Kings, Gen had already set the stage for the duel outside of the city gates. A large area in front was cleared, and torches were lit along the perimeter with large round tin vases burning with incense sticks. All around them were players waiting for the duel to begin. They could see that those outside of the city were present as well. Tim seated in front within the crowd. They were split down the middle with RTU Elite members to the right and the rest of the other players to the left. Insults were hurled back and forth between both sides as they waited for the duel to begin. How news of the duel got out so quickly was beyond Dee. Little did they know that Gen wanted to make a statement tonight of their dominance.

"How the heck did this get out so quickly?" Bu whispered.

"Gen has always been that type of person to make a scene of things. Back on earth, he would have been disciplined for his actions or even kicked out of the guild. The rules here are different. Dee, you be careful. Gen is a very wise player as well as strong," Derma explained.

Dee felt nervous now that they could hear the crowd chanting and arguing. It was like going on stage for the first time. He was not used to all the attention since his accident. Football was football. This was a duel. As they came out of the gates, the players outside of the city roared in cheers chanting, "Dee, Dee, Dee!"

"Quiet.... I said quiet!" shouted Gen and with a snap of his fingers, a loud thunder cracked across the sky causing the ground to shake. The crowd came to a silence. "Where did you get...? I see, Derma so generous of you. No worries, this won't take very long."