Chapter 25 - End Game Quest

Early the next morning, a meeting in the Court of Kings was called. Those who were in attendance were Dee, Mara, Bu, Jessie, Derma and Tim. Derma, though no longer a part of the RTU Elites, was accompanied by some loyal ex-RTU Elites. They followed him in that morning four in total. Tim, who was well known outside of the city, had come to the meeting with two of his most capable friends as well.

The room was dim in respect to Derma's condition. A few lamps burned hanging on metal wire posts. Tin cups and pitchers of water and wine bottles were served by the NPCs.

Dee got up and recapped the meaning and purpose for the meeting. "Good morning. As you all may know, by freeing the city BluaNu, players now have access to their necessities. But there is another problem at hand. After our meeting, we will have this announced to the entire city. Our goal here is more than just a game. It's to find a way out of RTU. This can only be accomplished through defeating the final boss in hopes that the portals will be opened again. "

Derma placed a finger on his lips and questioned, "What makes you thing that by defeating the end game boss, will guarantee our exit out of RTU?"

"I believe that the final boss holds something that is key to our exit. What that it is I don't know, but it's going to take everyone's help to do it," replied Dee.

Mara made eye contact for a split second with Dee and nodded her head.

"I suppose we have no other choice or remain stuck here," Tim added, "and I'm sure many other players as well, are willing to join you in this battle."

"Ha ha!" exclaimed Bu as he stood up. "Thank you for your allegiance. Derma how about it? You have some of the highest level of loyal men in the city."

"Bu is correct Derma. There are few who have been able to reach levels above ten outside of the city because of the low level quests. Your followers have the right gear and level to support the battle," Dee urged.

Derma turned to his left and called over one of his followers. He whispered something to him, and he left the room immediately. Glancing around the table, Derma smiled saying, "Dee, you have my word."

"Yes!" Mara shouted as they all jumped out of their chairs. Jessie bear hugged her from behind almost toppling back herself.

"Question now is, how are we going to pull this off?" Derma asked Dee.

They all settled down, eyes fixed on Dee in anticipation of his response. This would have to be one of the greatest acts in all MMO history, if they were able to execute and accomplish it.

"I figured you'd ask. Every defeat of an end game boss does not come without planning and strategy. I was hoping you would be able to show me where the quest was so that I may get a little more information. Once I get that, I plan on forming five separate groups within the raid. Each one of us will be leading with the exception of Jessie," explained Dee.

Jessie smiled and nodded in agreement.

Dee turned to Jessie and smirked in return. Then he continued, "We will be needing verbal direction. To assure that we have the best possible chance in defeating the end game boss, we will start recruiting any players that are above level 12. We will start with this for now until I can get more information."

"I can get right on that. Leave it to me," Derma responded. "I also have a group of my elite men, who should be returning soon. They are on a special quest west searching for other possible ways out of RTU. As for the quest, you will find it in the lower level east of the city. The place called the Rolling Stone."

"Thank you Derma," replied Dee. "I suggest that all of you go and accept the quest sometime within the next two days, so you can share it with one another. Derma, I will leave you in charge of group formation. I will call everyone back here in two days for a final meeting. By that time, we will have the necessary individuals in which I should have a strategy figured out. Is there any questions?"