Fifth

"So..." There was a look in his eyes I couldn't fathom. I never could tell exactly what was going on behind those long lashes, but today it was even more of a mystery than usual.

"Yeah?" I had sat next to him, only for him to look at me with guarded eyes.

"What did you do yesterday?" He never really asked about much, so I was surprised at the question.

"Well, I don't work on Sundays, so I kind of just hung around the house. Annoyed the hell out of my mom by playing my music too loud, and damaged my eyes by staring at my screen for too long while watching YouTube."

"Sounds very productive." He looked down, playing with the edge of his notebook. Running the pages across his finger over and over again. His dark hair half hid his eyes, as if he were too embarrassed to show what emotion they held.

"Oh shit! Were you...waiting for me?" He kept his head down, kicking his foot now as well as fiddling with his notebook.

"It's not like you have to stop by or anything. I don't even know why you do, but i always like it when you do, and...and I guess I started thinking it was going to be a regular thing. You know, you sitting with me."

I'd never heard him speak this much, and the way he hurried over his words, trying to get his explanation out as soon as possible, was fascinating.

"I'm sorry. I should have told you." He looked up, about to protest, but I covered his mouth with my hand.

"From now on, it will be a regular thing. Work or no work."